Thread of a Spider

• by D.L. Gardner
  • Narrated by Lee Brophy
  • 7 hrs and 10 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook

Publisher's Summary

Following an ambush at the Upton Rail Station in 1921 Ireland, British troops burn Ailis' home to the ground and arrest her fiancé, Liam, for murder. She and her younger brother Paddy flee to an enchanted glen. Lured by a haunting song, Paddy is abducted by forest folk. Perilous obstacles and a questionable stranger hinder Ailis' attempts to find her brother or free her fiancé, until her only hope for survival rests on the magic of the fae.

More

See More Like This

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful

Historical fiction/fantasy

Although I rarely read historical fiction, I enjoyed this interesting mix of fiction and fantasy. The story was entertaining and makes me want to learn more about the causes of the Irish-English conflict. The narrator did an admirable job with the characters.
Read full review

- norman

Loved it!

I really enjoyed this audiobook. The mix of contemporary Ireland with Fae lore was interesting and intriguing. The characters' devotion to each other and their cause had me rooting for them to succeed. This story describes a period in history I did not know much about. The Irish weren't even allowed to use their given names, and had to use English versions! I was impressed by the very strong female characters, especially Ailis. Be warned, though, although there are Faeries in this story, it is NOT a fairy tale. This is definitely a PG-13 listen due to some violence and angst.

The narration was excellent, with different voices for the different characters. The very genuine accents really brought the story and the characters to life for me. I got a lot more pleasure and entertainment out of listening to the audiobook and Lee Brophy's delivery than I ever would have gotten from reading the book myself!

I will definitely listen to this one again.
Read full review

- alias11

Book Details

• Release Date: 09-19-2017
  • Publisher: D.L. Gardner