This is an audiobook for busy people. If you want less on your plate and more for your life and career, tune in to the #1 Wall Street Journal best seller, The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results. The ONE Thing will bring your life and your work into focus. Authors Gary Keller and Jay Papasan teach you the tricks to cut through the clutter, achieve better results in less time, dial down stress, and master what matters to you. Unabridged version includes:
A special foreword by Gary Keller. Interludes by legendary guitarist Monte Montgomery.
What’s your ONE Thing? For more information on The ONE Thing, events, coaching, and tools, visit www.The1Thing.com.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Really Helpful Book!
I read a lot of business and self help books and this is definitely one of the better ones. The content is unique and engaging.
I would definitely compare this book to two other books - 1) The Compound Effect and 2) Manage Your Day to Day, Find Your Focus, And Sharpen Your Creative Mind. They discuss similar concepts.
I've learned how to FOCUS more. This book has very practical and useful worksheets/PDFs and trust me, it's totally worth doing those exercises; it will help a lot in terms of gaining focus and clarity with your ONE thing.
Below are some of elements of the book that really stuck with me.
1. Extraordinary results are directly determined by how narrow you can make your focus.
2. Achievers always work from a clear sense of priority. Instead of a to do list, you need a success list -- a list that is purposefully created around extraordinary results.
3. The majority of what you want will come from the minority of what you do.
4. Success is actually a short race -- a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.
5. It takes an average of 66 days to acquire a new habit.
6. You make doing what matters most a priority when your willpower is at its highest. Do your most important work -- your ONE thing -- early.
7. Our purpose sets our priority and our priority determines the productivity our actions produce.
- Marisela Gutierrez
This one surprised me!
Much much much better than expected. Everything is perfect about it:
1. Doesn't promote more stress and overwhelm. You're not asked to make lists, overwork yourself, etc – as it's often the case in other books in this genre.
2. It's so well-written. Engaging.
3. It's so well organised. Easy to follow and digest.
4. The method is sound and logical.
5. Perhaps related to point number three, but the music between the chapters add a positive note (pun intended) to the presentation and overall experience.
Such a keeper, this book.
- Oliver Nielsen