How to stop drinking: learn proven methods that work for getting sober.
Are you beaten down and ready to stop drinking alcohol on your own? I can show you how to quit drinking and how to stay sober. I overcame an alcohol addiction in 1998 and have never relapsed. Staying sober is easy if you apply the proven methods I teach in this book.
You are probably obsessing about drinking all of the time, right? I used to plan my entire day around when and how I was going to drink alcohol. I know exactly how you feel. I really can help you learn how to stop drinking.
Tips from the book on how to stop drinking:
1. A simple concept: don't drink and you won't get drunk.
2. Stay away from tempting people, places, and things. Don't spend time in the places where you used to drink. Don't spend your time around the people you used to drink with. Don't go anywhere near the substances you used to drink.
3. The AA program teaches that meeting makers make it. I've found this to be true. The more I hang out with the winners, the better my chances of staying sober. Get connected with an alcoholism recovery support group.
4. If you decide to try drinking again, you are going to go right back into the pits of hell. I saw my mother go in and out of treatment centers, as she thought she could drink again after being sober for extended periods of time. It never worked in her favor. She always ended up back in the hospital or in rehab. She finally stayed sober for 25 years through being involved in AA before she passed away.
Get this audiobook now and stop drinking today!
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Great if you've just started recovery
Staying sober can be done!
The tips are quite personable, and not really preachy. There is no judgement in them, so you don't have to feel ashamed if they apply to you.
The parts about talking to God were the most memorable. It is important to have time for your faith.
He has a voice that seems like it's monotone, but it really isn't. It is actually rather calming.
Drinking doesn't have to be the emphasis of your life.
This book is great for people that want to stop drinking and can help the others around them understand how to assist them as well.
- mint tea "Book enthusiast!"