• Love Sense

  • The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships
  • By: Sue Johnson
  • Narrated by: Sue Johnson
  • Length: 12 hrs and 22 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release date: 12-31-13
  • Language: English
  • Publisher: Hachette Audio
  • 4.5 out of 5 stars 4.6 (376 ratings)

Regular price: $28.50

Membership details Membership details
  • A 30-day trial plus your first audiobook, free.
  • 1 credit/month after trial – good for any book, any price.
  • Easy exchanges – swap any book you don’t love.
  • Keep your audiobooks, even if you cancel.
  • After your trial, Audible is just $14.95/month.
Select or Add a new payment method

Buy Now with 1 Credit

By confirming your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and Amazon's Privacy Notice. Taxes where applicable.

Buy Now for $28.50

Pay using card ending in
By confirming your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and Amazon's Privacy Notice. Taxes where applicable.

Publisher's Summary

The best-selling author of Hold Me Tight presents a revolutionary new understanding of why and how we love, based on cutting-edge research.
Every day, we hear of relationships failing and questions of whether humans are meant to be monogamous. Love Sense presents new scientific evidence that tells us that humans are meant to mate for life. Dr. Johnson explains that romantic love is an attachment bond, just like that between mother and child, and shows us how to develop our "love sense" - our ability to develop long-lasting relationships.
Love Sense covers the three stages of a relationship and how to best weather them; the intelligence of emotions and the logic of love; the physical and psychological benefits of secure love; and much more. Based on groundbreaking research, Love Sense will change the way we think about love.
©2013 Sue Johnson (P)2013 Hachette Audio
Show More Show Less

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful
2 out of 5 stars
By Sophia in SF on 11-10-15

No real tips on HOW to become more securely attach

This book goes on and on about the importance of securely attached relationships, but it doesn't tell us HOW to become more securely attached. then what's the point about reading how important it is if there are no specific examples of how to get there. Did I miss an important chapter or two or three? if it's so important to have these attachments, then why not spend 5% of the book explaining why it's imlortant, and the other 95% providing examples of HOW to become more secure??

Read More Hide me

16 of 18 people found this review helpful

5 out of 5 stars
By Amazon Customer on 07-16-16

Inedible book

I really love how this book talked about the relation between our attachment styles and how we behave. I learned a lot about myself and my own attachment style, which is anxious. It's very illuminating how this can affect our behaviour and multiple contexts in our lives. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn more about relationships, how to deepen them, and how to simply feel happy and filled in them. I chose five stars because I thought this was one of the best books I have ever read. The principles and concepts explored in this book are extremely helpful and useful.

Read More Hide me

4 of 4 people found this review helpful

See all Reviews
© Copyright 1997 - 2018 Audible, Inc