Regular price: $48.97
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $48.97
Would you say that listening to this book was time well-spent? Why or why not?
Caroline as always was spot on. She offered a lot of information about the Saints who have influenced her and ways to access what they've experienced. She explained herself well. She was thorough and very easy to follow.
Andrew Harvey, on the other hand, had me very close to screaming "WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP," more than a few times. It is unfortunate because he had some very valuable experiences and insights, but because he does not respect his listener enough to say it in as few words as possible, he is almost impossible to follow. The words "And" and "Because" should be banned from his vocabulary...permanently. They do not serve his message. I get that he is passionate, but to have more of an impact, or in my case, an impact at all, he needs to pare down his message, distill it, as Caroline does, most of the time.
Would you be willing to try another one of the narrator’s performances?
Just Caroline, not Mr. Havey.
Did Divine Rebels inspire you to do anything?
Yes, learn to be concise.
13 of 13 people found this review helpful
1. I've never heard of Andrew Hardy prior to this book.
2. I've read a lot of Caroline Myss books (only after being diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago - didn't care for her prior to that)
3. Have no recollections why I chose this book.
4. Early on, decided it wasn't for me....but something "got" me to keep listening.
5. I wasn't familiar with this deep understanding, the references , etc.
6. I understood anyway.
7. Cried, laughed, and completely absorbed in a way that I can only describe as obsessed for that time.
8. The authors are PASSIONATE ! I could feel or sense the levels of what was being so GENEROUSLY explained.
9. Was hoping from Ms Myss a more exact explanation of St Ignatious' daily exercises.
10. This is an inspiring read ~ if you're spiritual.
11. Yes, I'll re-read it. It's like tea sometimes I want/need just that.
12. I know my journey requires alone time. But there are moments a feeling passes through of being lonely. This took that away.
13. I've been strengthened.
14. Feeling enormous gratitude and humility.
Thank you for such a profound book. I'm in.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful