Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life
- Living the Wisdom of the Tao
- Narrated by: Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- Length: 1 hr and 54 mins
- Release date: 03-26-13
- Language: English
- Publisher: Hay House
Regular price: $13.26
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $13.26
In this extraordinary program, taped live on the campus of the California Center for the Arts in Escondido, California, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer presents his interpretation of the verses, encouraging you to see them as insights into life and nature. The core program addresses how, by applying the Tao, it's possible to change your thoughts on some of the most profound questions and issues confronting you today - and how, by doing so, your life will be transformed in a peaceful and harmonious way.
You will understand how, by understanding and emulating the qualities of water, you can go from "being rigid and certain, confident and demanding" to being "flowing and allowing, humble and soft"...and so can bring about the dramatic achievement of living an unhurried life.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Isa B on 06-23-15
You need to be a Dyer fan
I was really hoping the in the short 2 hours the Tao would have been more deeply explored but instead it was more like "the Wayne Dyer show". Had I known this was a NPR broadcast and not really "a book" I wouldn't have made the purchase.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Chus on 05-24-14
Tao made sowbiz. Dissappointing
Would you try another book written by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer or narrated by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer?
No, this is not a book by the way, but a TV show recorded from one of Dyer's "performances', including life singing!!!
Give two stars because is has encouraged me to go elsewhere to find out more about Lao-Tzu. If you eliminate all the limelight and the icing and the drama... there are a few ideas worth thinking about... (somewhere else)
I'm all for adapting ancient traditions and philosophy to the modern western ears and minds, but this is pure trivialisation of a ageless message.
Would you recommend Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life to your friends? Why or why not?
No, try any other serious text on Taoism, this is a mere trivialisation, and Dyer is a show-off.
It should be clearly advertised for what it is: TV SHOW, not an Audiobook!
What didn’t you like about Dr. Wayne W. Dyer’s performance?
A complete contradiction with the 'message' he's trying to spread about being humble, about being a noone... rather it comes across as a Neon sign saying 'be like me...' 'I'm the model'
He constantly 'humbly' boasts about how healthy he is:
- He's been 30 years sober...(applause) but he's not and never was an alcoholic by the way... then why making the point other than to showing-off?
- He has run 8 miles every day all his life, and then swims in the ocean (in front of his garden) for half hour to one hour everyday, and then does his daily yoga practice, and then of course his meditation, and then.... Well... sorry, we mere mortals that live in the real world don't find inspiration in your super-human life in Maui... Really happy for you Wayne... but I would have preferred to hear more about the Tao and less about your wonderful life.
- He sold all his earthy possessions and renounced the world to go to live in Maui... Maybe is my inner cynic (I'm definitely not a saint myself) but all this 'messianic' innuendo takes away credibility to the message. I'm really happy about Dyer and his wonderful life, but please don't sell me a "pseudo-taoist version of the american dream for spiritual seekers", it feels like a cheap self-help diatribe.
I would have liked to hear more about the Tao and maybe also (why not?) about Wayne the human, his faults, his doubts, his struggle and his sins... and how the Tao helped him to live with them... then I would have said, hey! one of us!
Oh well, never mind, maybe next time!
If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life?
Please remove the singing. Lovely voice, etc, but it's completely out of place!!!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
By james braithwaite on 07-13-16
Over sell under deliver
Short, doesn't really give actual steps that will guarantee to change your mind/thinking. Not practical to today's society. Also pointless singing by his friends half way through. Money back please