Regular price: $30.09
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $30.09
Two hours in, I have to stop. It's all game mechanics, no story. Kept waiting for an actual story, with actual characters, to start, but I'm having to draw the line.
12 of 12 people found this review helpful
1) Story mostly focuses on MC and Game Concepts
2) There are emotional connections but so far absolutely no romance
3) A lot of grinding, but realistic character development and no deus ex machina powerups
(That means no cheating the system because usually game devs ban you for that!)
4) Main character is essentially a Druid + Technomancer in space and reminds me of a Jedi
5) Subtle personal growth of the main characte and they don't start off a COMPLETE idiot
If you can handle that then get this book, this is a LitRPG meant to be enjoyed by someone who likes RPGs, more specifically MMOs, AND enjoys them for the story and satisfying character development. (Wouldn't hurt to be a general Sci-Fi fan as well)
Everyone else go buy something else, to each their own.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
loved the book, it had elements that made me fist pump the air.
Jeff Hays would have done a better job in performance but I got used to the Narrator soon enough.
This is 100% recommended to anyone who even remotely likes litrpg.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
as the title this is a dam good story but If I was to make one comment it would say it was a little lazy by overly stating ranks and points etc
other than that it's a truly immersive experience
1 of 3 people found this review helpful