Thread Slivers : Golden Threads Trilogy

• by Leeland Artra
  • Narrated by Denise Poirier, J.M. Badger, Michael Braun, Adam Chase, Paul L. Coffey, Graham Halstead, James Jenner, F.H. Knox, Erin Mallon
  • Series: Golden Threads Trilogy
  • 13 hrs and 38 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook

Publisher's Summary

Ticca is a newly-minted Dagger, a young honorable mercenary out to prove her worth in the big city. Her first job seems like a simple one, but it sets her on a path to a destiny bigger than she ever dreamed. The friends she makes along the way may have destinies of their own to fulfill: Lebuin a new Journeyman mage and a fastidious dandy, has just learned to his horror that his new rank involves actual journeying - and dirt! And Ticca is worried about Lebuin's humble servant, Ditani, as she is sure he is more than he seems and might be a spy for Lebuin's nemesis.
The three of them are swept into a series of deadly events. Fighting to stay ahead of their adversaries, they stumble into secrets that catapult them towards disaster that even the Gods are not prepared for.
The complete list of narrators includes Jennifer O'Donnell, Denise Poirier, and Chris Ruen.

See More Like This

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful

How to break immersion...

If you could sum up Thread Slivers in three words, what would they be?

Expansive story, characters

What other book might you compare Thread Slivers to and why?

A cross between LOTR and Ender's Game; It has the scope of LOTR but with the inner dialogue of Ender's

What does the narrators bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?

Proper pronunciation of all the unique words and names

If you were to make a film of this book, what would the tag line be?

No dragons were harmed in the making of this fantasy epic.

Any additional comments?

Please, please, please either remove or re-evaluate the use of sound effects in this book [series]. The sounds either completely break immersion or drown out the narrators, which is the entire point of listening. I don't really need to hear a sound bite of a mob every time there is a large fight scene or hear a blade drawn every time the action is mentioned.

Read full review

- Sam Poe

Strong performances from all involved

Would you listen to Thread Slivers again? Why?

As long as book 2 is converted to audio format I'll be listening at least once more as a refresher. I've already read the book twice so it's entirely likely that at some point down the road I will want another listen of this book.

What was one of the most memorable moments of Thread Slivers?

The introduction of Duke is a pretty memorable moment in the story. The part where Ticca escapes for the knife in green is also a great moment.

What does the narrators bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?

This story has a bit of a sound effect soundtrack to compliment the narration. There are times when that can actually detract a bit, but overall it's adds some nice depth to the normal audio book experience.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?

There are a few parts of this book that are worth a quiet chuckle.

Any additional comments?

Thread Slivers was one of the best independent books that I read in 2013. I was very excited to see an audio version of the book being made available and recommend this to fans of epic fantasy.

Read full review

- bookblogger

Book Details

• Release Date: 04-29-2014
  • Publisher: Leeland Artra