Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
Humor flows from every minute of this satirical tale. The Kili Wanna Affair delivers on laughs and adventure that defies its genre.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By sci teacher on 05-31-17
4.5/5 A study in ridiculousness
Summary: A semi-competent ensign gets assigned as the liaison to Kili Wanna with the job of getting them to sign a treaty with the Galactic Guild. What follows is a series of predictable yet amusing events.
- Don’t take the book too seriously. If you’re looking for serious, you are definitely in the wrong place.
- At times, the book was kind of annoying, but I broke it up with a family drama/romance book so it’s all good. In the end, it leaves one with a mildly amused feeling, which is a great note to end on.
- The narrator did a lovely job with all the voices. Definitely worth getting the audiobook. Grab the free kindle version and you usually get a discount on the audio.
- Content warnings: brief mention of nudity, a few sophomoric references to George’s breasts, and a few curses. Most of the curses were confined to tick-tick-pops.
- Sali Terri’s a dude, so of course George Shooters is a lady.
- I love Bethel. She’s hilarious, and she does everything.
- You can get a feel for the tone of the book by some of the names. i.e. Snookums, royal cat like thing. I won’t attempt to spell that because I heard the audible version.
- The characters are more like caricatures, but that’s definitely done on purpose. Sali’s a (lovable) bumbling idiot who happens to get everything right. George is a top-of-the-class, straight-laced sort who ends up being the assistant for the bumbling idiot.
- The style’s like A Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy without quite so much dry humor. (It’s more in-your-face stupid humor like Flex being an Arnoldian and always wanting to break things or maim people.)
Conclusion: Amusing opening to what’s sure to be a series of galactic misadventures.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
By Frank S. Krol on 06-22-17
Sali and George Deliver a Treat(y)
Dali Terri and his aide, George Shooters have the unenviable assignment of negotiating a treaty between the Galactic Guild and the Kili Wanna emperor. Mysteriously, the emperors are assassinated before they can sign the treaty or the GG representative becomes Kili Wannan barbecue. To add to the problem, pirates are flooding the planet with fast food. The story has a good number of comic episodes that made me groan, giggle, or laugh. This is a must listen to remedy a dismal day or two. Tom Conry's rendition of the story is well done, but his delivery may be a bit rapid for some. In all, a nice comic story suitable for all.
Note: I received a copy of this audiobook free from author.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful