Kartos has fallen, and when Lokk descends to the streets he finds that everything he once knew has evaporated - and now the city faces the gruesome aftermath of apocalypse. A mysterious army of foreign mercenaries worshipping a god from a land far across the sea has come to enslave those few who survived the Reckoning.
What lies beyond the walls of Kartos? Who, or what, lives in the forbidden mountains that surround the city? And what is the purpose of these mercenaries that call themselves the Iron Edge? In this second chapter of the Book of Lokk only two things are certain:
Legends will be born.
And men will die.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Thoroughly enjoyed this book.
Fun and fast-paced adventure--a fitting sequel
A fun and frequently humorous adventure with a fast pace and a few twists along the way. Well-paced narration with distinctive voices for the audiobook.
Who it's for:
- People that read book one. It's a continuation of that, and the story opens up a bit as the characters go on an adventure. It's not as dark but just as enjoyable.
- Sword and sorcery fans. The action is cool and there's enough of it to satisfy. Light on the magic aspects.
- People that enjoy humorous banter. The main characters tend to be funny and jest with each other. It generally works and feels believable.
Who it's not for:
- People that do not like teenaged boys thinking about girls. The main characters are frequently ogling girls. It's usually played off humorously. (Note: There's no sex)
- Fans of multiple PoVs. Aside from the prologue and epilogue, it's all from one perspective. For the book's length, I felt this was a fine decision.
Looking forward to listening to book three!
Note: I was provided a review copy of the audiobook in exchange for an honest review.