Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
I didn't want to put this book down. I really enjoyed the pacing and it kept me wanting to hear what came next. I find myself getting more and more invested in Lokk and his friends. Looking forward to the next one.
Any additional comments?
A fun and frequently humorous adventure with a fast pace and a few twists along the way. Well-paced narration with distinctive voices for the audiobook.
Who it's for:
- People that read book one. It's a continuation of that, and the story opens up a bit as the characters go on an adventure. It's not as dark but just as enjoyable.
- Sword and sorcery fans. The action is cool and there's enough of it to satisfy. Light on the magic aspects.
- People that enjoy humorous banter. The main characters tend to be funny and jest with each other. It generally works and feels believable.
Who it's not for:
- People that do not like teenaged boys thinking about girls. The main characters are frequently ogling girls. It's usually played off humorously. (Note: There's no sex)
- Fans of multiple PoVs. Aside from the prologue and epilogue, it's all from one perspective. For the book's length, I felt this was a fine decision.
Looking forward to listening to book three!
Note: I was provided a review copy of the audiobook in exchange for an honest review.