Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
However, he gets kidnapped by a woman whose scent seems surprisingly familiar to Bryanna. Without hesitation, she follows them and lands smack dab in the middle of the adventure of her life. The world she faces now is murderously dangerous. And if she survives the journey, she seems doomed to kill her father for his secret.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By sci teacher on 04-18-17
Fun Fantasy Tale of Friendship
Summary: Bryanna and her new friend Kaylee (sorry about spelling, I heard the audio) go on a long, perilous journey that could determine the fate of Scotland.
- Bryanna and Kaylee’s friendship goes through natural ups and downs. Their loyalties are tested in numerous ways.
- Because this is a fantasy, the plot takes some delightful and weird twists and turns. At times, the journey seemed simply for the sake of the journey, but overall, the plot moved nicely to the climax.
- The end was a tad anticlimactic. I think the end battle took place in about ten minutes.
- The narrator did a wonderful job with all the tough pronunciations.
- Bryanna and Kaylee are likable main characters. I suppose Kaylee could be seen as a side character, but if she is, she’s very well-developed.
- Some of the hidden nature of certain relationships seemed ridiculous in the long run, more for the reader’s benefit of surprise than for the main character.
- Along the way the girls get into some crazy situations. That keeps the journey interesting.
- Bryanna’s got a good heart. That comes through pretty clearly.
A strong tale of friendship set in fantasy settings.
*I received a free audiobook. The decision to review was my own. The rating is also mine.