Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
I enjoyed the story, but it seems more of a story for children then young adults. Author story line was wonderful and the narrator was Excellent.
Summary: Bryanna and her new friend Kaylee (sorry about spelling, I heard the audio) go on a long, perilous journey that could determine the fate of Scotland.
- Bryanna and Kaylee’s friendship goes through natural ups and downs. Their loyalties are tested in numerous ways.
- Because this is a fantasy, the plot takes some delightful and weird twists and turns. At times, the journey seemed simply for the sake of the journey, but overall, the plot moved nicely to the climax.
- The end was a tad anticlimactic. I think the end battle took place in about ten minutes.
- The narrator did a wonderful job with all the tough pronunciations.
- Bryanna and Kaylee are likable main characters. I suppose Kaylee could be seen as a side character, but if she is, she’s very well-developed.
- Some of the hidden nature of certain relationships seemed ridiculous in the long run, more for the reader’s benefit of surprise than for the main character.
- Along the way the girls get into some crazy situations. That keeps the journey interesting.
- Bryanna’s got a good heart. That comes through pretty clearly.
A strong tale of friendship set in fantasy settings.
*I received a free audiobook. The decision to review was my own. The rating is also mine.