Regular price: $6.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $6.95
Stories - 4.75
The five stories vary with protagonists’ personalities, agendas, and length. The story telling was captivating and each story was an elite truffle within itself. Some were predictable, some were surprising, another was sweet and the sample was the funniest!
Julie Hinton was a wonderful narrator for these short stories!
I really wish this author had more audiobooks (the narrator chosen for most of his others is not someone I prefer to listen) and will keep an eye out for more from him!
Summary: 5 short fantasy stories featuring dragons, peasants, heroes, villains, and interesting twist on fairy tale heroes.
- In a collection like this, everybody’s going to get something different out of it. I especially enjoyed the one in the middle told from Hansel’s point of view.
- The ending of the Christmas one was predictable yet still awesome.
- There was decent world-building even in something so short. This stood out in the one about the young man and the dragon.
- The one with the young woman who finds truffles had the markings of traditional fairy tale. It felt very similar to the one with the young man and the dragon.
- The narration was nice. I’m a huge proponent of audiobook versions. It adds a wonderful layer to each story. The voice for the wood carver was my absolute favorite.
Conclusion: This is definitely a worth-while collection to read.
*I received a free audio version. That did not influence my review or my decision to review