My name is Landon Hamilton.
I'm the only thing keeping the universe in one piece.
I thought fighting angels and demons was a tough gig, but now I'd give anything to go back to the not-that-good, not-so-old days. There's a new game in town, and it's one that's threatening to destroy everything that has ever been created.
Oh, and my friends and I are the only ones who can stop it.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Good book but overloads the reader
- Cliff "I like scifi and urban fantasy. I don't like romance novels. If you are the same my reviews should help."
A marvelous continuation of the series
I would rank Broken as the second best audiobook I've listened too, behind only "The Legend of Drizzt: The Collected Stories:. I would actually rank this book ahead of The Legend of Drizzt based on the audio, narrator Jeff Hays pulled out all the stops and this has definately been my favorite book narrated by him.
There were too many characters in this book that I enjoyed to pick just one, but a few of my favorites would be:
1) The Beast - Jeff's ability to imbue such pure destruction, anger, hate and pettiness into this character was flawless.
2) Landon - The character has grown and changed so much over the three books that he is almost a different character from when he started. Jeff did a great job bringing that growth and change to life.
3) Ulnix - The way Ulnix has changed from when we first met him is startling. He was nothing but a ravening beast at first, but his exposure to Landon and Josette has turned him into an almost tragic hero. I can't wait to see what happens to him after this book.
4) Josette - The journey for Josette in this book is amazing. The scene where Josette proves to Landon just how powerful her faith in god is, is one of my favorites. I actually had a lump in my throat by the end of the scene and I kept wishing it didn't happen the way it did.
I wish I could have just sat down in a room and devoured this book.
This book is by far my favorite of M.R Forbes and also of Jeff Hays. The writing is heads and shoulders above what he had done previously, especially the 2nd book. I did not want the book to end and at least there are still two more books in the series.
Jeff really stepped up his game on this one. I have enjoyed the narration and production that he does for all his books, but this one was in another league. His ability to make me picture the voice of the Beast coming from multiple bodies at the same time, or being able to conjure up what a creature looks like is astounding.
As always his ability to create different voices for different people, including men and women is well done (I almost feel like a broken record saying the same thing on every review).
Bravo to both M.R. Forbes and Jeff Hays.