Regular price: $38.49
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $38.49
Where does Beyond the Blue Moon rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?
A great Simon R Green tale as always.
What did you like about the performance? What did you dislike?
My only complaint is the narrator makes all the femal characters sound like the chickens in the movie "Chicken Run"
6 of 6 people found this review helpful
After loving the first book, I cannot think of how the author could have ruined a sequel more for me. When I thought this one might finally be mercifully ending, I was dismayed to see I still had 9 hours left. I've finally made it to the end and it has not changed my opinion. I think I stuck with it out of a morbid curiosity wondering if it would/could redeem itself. Here's how to ruin a wonderful story:
- remove the dragon and unicorn with vague references of what happened to them years ago
- replace the unicorn with an unimaginative talking dog minor character, then drop him from most of the story
- change the names and core attitudes of the main characters....what the hell, just make honor not important to them
- add in a weird twisted Christian plot running through the middle complete with a multi-murdering prophet and artifacts made by or used by Jesus.
- throw in abortion and drug problems
- when you don't know how to write yourself out of a corner, just ditch the world you created and throw in a mix of real life and impossibility...just have horses GALLOP up metal fire escapes, reach the roof and jump on loose tiles from roof to roof.
- oh, and take what had been an action filled story and cram it with hours of slow dialog and shallow side plot characters.
I think I would have enjoyed the book more if I had skipped chapters 4-9. I don't believe there was much needed in them and a lot of unnecessary boredom. This may be the first book, in years of listening, for which I ask for a refund.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful
Actually really enjoyed this, despite the flurry of accents- not sure how people from the same place ended up with different accents or why there is a kingdom of scousers...
I struggled at the start, especially with Fisher, as I'd read the haven books and the first forest kingdom books, and found it difficult to 'revoice' characters.
But as I got used to it, found I really enjoyed the story
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Simon Green is able to make me laugh out loud have enjoyed all his books.