Regular price: $14.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $14.95
1. "Left": A story of a girl who struggles to identify with her twin brother who was born with a demonizing birth defect in a dystopian world that values genetic perfection.
2. "Strange": A bumbling scientist accidentally releases a strange material with potentially apocalyptic repercussions.
3. "Walk": After the recently departed suddenly reanimate, one undead follows his single, driving desire: to walk.
4. "Hunter's Hell": When Richard Hunter has a terrible car wreck on his way home after a devastating divorce, he finds himself in a hellish recreation of his home town filled with terrible, demonic creatures.
5. "Touch": A fantasy story that served to inspire Andrew T. Jayroe's upcoming novel series The Lords of Anthair in which a reluctant assassin is sent to use his terrible power to murder an innocent child who is destined to throw down the gods.
6. "Lorekeeper": When a young girl in trouble comes to Nyle Reed begging to be taken to a planet in the middle of nowhere, he finds himself in a battle against forces of biblical proportions.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Mary Karowski on 06-12-17
Be ready for some really great views
A collection of stories that will take you to many different areas of the genres, some familiar some new. They are told with great skill by both author and narrator. The stories take some views that are new and they were all very entertaining. Highly recommend. I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
By Shanna Tidwell on 08-04-17
These were some new original and intriguing stories. I will definitely look for more by this author. My favorite was the last one. Love the idea of that story. Can't give it away so I'll just leave it at that. It was really good!
I was voluntarily provided this review copy at no charge by the author, publisher and or narrator.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Norma Miles on 07-12-17
"The strange matter is on the loose."
Any additional comments?
What a box of delights: six stories ranging in length from 14 to 40 minutes with final adventure lasting for approximately an hour and a quarter - just perfect to tuck into those odd moments when time is short but the.desire for a story, well narrated, takes hold.
The content of each varies considerably, from a storm which brings more than just weather, to a zombie's perspective, a man blighted by his touch, through a sad tale of twins and a race against demons, a real weapon of mass destruction and a space adventure. As in all compendiums some are better than others, but each is well written, engaging and worth the listen.
The stories are made extra pleasurable by the readings. Persephone Rose has a most pleasant voice and he uses it well to give emphasis, add fear, solicit empathy and emotion. Each narration is clear, perfectly paced, complementing the text, making every story one told personally to the listener.
I was fortunate in that I was, at my request, freely gifted a copy of Andrew Jayroe's stories by the rights holder, via Audiobook Boom. Thank you. I was previously unaware of this author but will certainly look out for more by him in the future. The combination of writer and narrator is excellent and there is a little something for everyone who enjoys science fiction and fantasy, or even just a touch of horror.