Regular price: $24.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $24.95
the premise of this sori read pretty typical. it was an interesting enough read.
there was much too much gratuitous sex that did not at all contribute to the advancement of the plot to the point where I had to fast forward through some of it.
I think that the author is trying so hard to stretch two books into three that I am not at all interested in the third book of the series.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Would you listen to The Sunfire again? Why?
This is not one of the classics I keep to listen to again and again. It has some good elements, but it is not a compelling story nor read.
What did you like best about this story?
What is completely unnecessary is the gratuitous sex. In my opinion, if graphic sex does not move the plot along, it gets in the way. Such is the case here. This author is obviously new at his trade. Hopefully, he will mature as he does have some good ideas along the way.
Any additional comments?
The reader improved greatly, but still injects inappropriate sarcasm and voice inflection. Much improved from the first book, however. Maybe with practice, the third volume will be the best. I will buy, listen, and review.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
1. I thought I was buying a science fiction book, turns out it was just erotica.
2. This book is condescending towards women, and makes it clear that they are inferior - that they constantly need men to solve all their problems.
3. The hero of this book is unrealistic and comes off as a complete douche-bag, after the first couple of chapters I was hoping that he would just die. He justifies his misogynistic attitude towards women by comparing himself to monsters - well I'm not that bad so I must be good!
4. The plot is non-existent and nothing interesting happens, everything is totally predictable - just like bad porn.
5. To say the villains are 2-D cardboard cut-outs is an insult to cardboard. They struggled to have even a single dimension.
6. The story is ham-fisted.
The narrator was good, but what is the point when the story was so terrible?
This book is a 13 year old boy's wet dream ... who wants to read that? If it was printed this story would be a candidate for book burning, not because it is controversial but because it is just so lame.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful