Regular price: $27.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $27.99
My One and Only by Kristan Higgins (Audio Edition)
Narrated by Xe Sands
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Let me start by saying, as always, Xe Sands’ narration was fantastic! I truly enjoyed listening to her. Now on to the book itself. Kristan Higgins is a wonderful writer, which is why I am having a hard time rating this book. Did I enjoy it- yes. Did it keep me listening way into the night ...yes. Did I love the characters.. yes. Am I left with conflicting feeling.. Sadly yes. So, here’s what I thought:
• The Chemistry between Nick and Harper was heartfelt.
• Harper’s past making her the woman she is was understandable
• Nick’s Sarcasm and straightforward attitude.
• Even though some situations felt a bit forced it wasn’t unbelievable.
• That even being as jaded as Harper was… I can’t believe the things she did sometimes.
• That Nick still trusts Harper after her repeated behaviour.
• Harper was a bit too immature still, and made ridiculous choices.
• That Harper could still act the way she did towards Nick, even knowing she would hurt him.
• I can’t see that they actually get their happily ever after, I just see repeating behaviour.
To be honest, I have trouble with most second chance books, because I find it hard to watch people go back to someone that hurt or was unfaithful to them. That said, I have read some great second chance books lately that do not deal with either of those situations.
This story’s plot is a kind of a misunderstanding and the mix of immaturity and lack of listening to your partner - at the same time.. As I think back over the story, Higgins did a wonderful job showing the young couples mistakes, however later.. When you think they both should have matured… perhaps only one of them did. Which is why it leaves me conflicted.
As I said above, this book kept me engaged and I didn’t want to stop listening as I truly did enjoy the characters. Would I recommend this story? Yes... With the disclaimer that it left me wondering if they would truly keep their happy ending.
8 of 8 people found this review helpful
Can't get enough of the Kristan Higgins/Xe Sands combination. Getting ready to look for the next book to listen to, but I think I may have listened to all of them. Guess I will have to them again again. Great story, great listen.
I recommend Xe Sands narrates the next Susan Elizabeth Phillips book when it comes to Audible.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful