Regular price: $26.59
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $26.59
Heiress of Light
Most important: This is an adult book with multiple steamy sex scenes. Lots of them. I had to hide away to listen to the good parts uninterrupted :-)
The story so far is pretty simple for the Fantasy/SciFi genre but I rather enjoyed a straight forward story line with this one. Sometimes authors try to hard to make their work seem complex and fail miserably. So kudos to this author for not falling in that trap.
Our main character is Princess Elena and she is being forced to marry an evil prince. Elena decides to run with the assistance of her five personal guards. On their journey, they realize they must do much more than protect the princess from harm in order to keep her alive.
Alot of the drama surrounds Elena interactions with the five guards and their different personalites. As magic has not fully been awakened there isnt much if it in this book. Elena has to ignite each type of magic before it can be born again.
There is just enough action to keep the book from getting dull. Also the book didn't linger on any one thing. It was straight to the point. That made the book short, but I prefer short over unnecessary fluff.
It's the first book of a series so I don't expect to get my questions answered in this one. I have a few.
Question 1 - Why did the author decide to make Elena hate herself? At this point in time where women are trying their hardest to show young girls that we can be smart, and be nice, and enjoy our sexuality... this book makes the Main Character hate herself for having sexual desires. Damn are we not in 2018?
2. How do any of these dudes look? No clue.
3. What the hell is a duology? Who makes only two books now-a-days? Stop being an butt and write three proper books.
The narrator for this one was ok. The performance was not bad and nothing stood out. That isn't a bad thing.
I recommend this book to those in any of the following categories:
1. New to Erotica. This isn't classified as erotica but it is a good option to get you prepared. The sex scenes are detailed enough pit the images in your head, but vanilla enough not to scare you off.
2. Love Triangle. If you love books where the lead has multiple suitors to choose from then this will hit the mark.
3. Light on Fantasty/ Big on Royalty. This book is low fantasy but may appeal to those who really enjoy books about royal families and court life.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful
The writing is very childish and the reverse harem poorly done. I do not recommend.