Regular price: $16.96
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $16.96
Millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe is just as surprised to find the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom. He still can't get the night Sienna spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as ever. Now, Lucas is determined to do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, so he makes a deal with her: If she spends 10 days with him, playing by his rules, he'll hand over the deed to her grandmother's home.
Though she agrees to the arrangement for her family's sake, Sienna struggles with the promises she's made to herself and a past that still haunts her. As Lucas' game of seduction continues and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Lisa Hines on 06-18-13
If you could sum up Devoured in three words, what would they be?
Tortured Rock Star!
What was one of the most memorable moments of Devoured?
I really enjoyed the scene at the club owned by a friend's parents where a "Your Toxic Sequel" cover band was playing. The part where Lucas was watching Sienna when he was singing.
Have you listened to any of Elizbeth Louise’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
This is the first performance of Elizabeth Louise's that I have heard.
If you were to make a film of this book, what would be the tag line be?
She survived her own demons, can they survive his together.
Any additional comments?
First and foremost - the male cover model for this book (among so many others) is Dusan Novakovic.
The Narrator did a very good job with this book. Being a female narrator, she still managed to do a believable male POV. It was NOT overdone as some narrator's tend to do. It's very important to me that I enjoy who I'm listening to as well as enjoying the story itself. Well done Elizabeth Louise, your performance was great.
Okay - Devoured by Emily Snow is a somewhat steamy romance novel about a rock star, Lucas Wolfe, and his one that got away, Sienna Jensen. I went into this book loving it. Yeah, Sienna was a little whiny and Lucas was a bit of an ass-hat, but you just know it's going somewhere. There cannot be a happy ending if the book starts out with nothing to improve on. I read some of the reviews that were complaining about the insecurities of Sienna or whatever. I disagree, but then I'm not an overly critical person. Not always a good thing if you make a habit of posting reviews. Oh well.
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the crappy family life and the overcoming adversity and the tortured souls etc. Sienna has her funny moments...
This is the second time this evening I’ve felt bad for offending Kylie and if this time is anything like the first, she’s about to punch me square in the vagina.
There's enough sexual tension between Lucas and Sienna to drive you crazy...
Lucas spears a fork into his salad and takes a bite. I study the way he chews—slow, deliberate movements. Tiny flicks of his tongue that causes my body to burn. He turns eating, something that is so basic, into a seductive art. I catch myself sinking my teeth into my own lip as I imagine him drawing it in between his teeth.
And I find myself wanting to wake-up. Wanting to open my eyes and kiss him. Wanting him to devour me just a little more.
I am definitely eagerly awaiting the release of book two, Consumed
5 of 6 people found this review helpful
By Christine on 06-10-13
Not the entire book! There are 5 chapters missing
I have read this book and was looking forward to it in audio. I was extremely disappointed to that there are 5 chapters at the end of the book that are missing. I have let Audible know but have not yet heard back from them.
8 of 10 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By b on 11-10-13
When the next book
What did you like most about Devoured?
What did you like best about this story?
The nan in the book
Have you listened to any of Elizbeth Louise’s other performances? How does this one compare?
Did you have an emotional reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
Laughing at bits then crying at bits
Any additional comments?
When the next book we all need to know what going to happen next
By Ms. V. Cistiakovaite on 09-30-13
Very dissapointing and one I wish I'd missed
I will attempt to keep it brief and succinct - the main issues with this book are:
- Very unlikeable and unrelatable characters who lack heart and depth. In particular Lucas. Why any woman would be attracted to a man so shallow, rude and up himself is beyond me and believe me I love rock stars, bad boys and tattoos! Although having said in particularly Lucas the heroine was no better! Complete push over. There's some lame ass attempts by Lucas to teach her to stand up for herself which just did not make sense within the storyline and the book ends with her still not having any back bone.
- Very irritating and predictable story line. The only unpredictible things were how unlikeable Lucas was and what a soft touch Siena was.
- General and total lack of romance. Like completely! I cannot think of a single thing which Lucas or Siena did towards one another which could be classed as romantic or indicative of love.
- Even the core of the book, namely the lust between these two was...lackluster! There's about 2, maybe 3 scenes which could be described as 'sex scenes' and they were bloody boring and unemotional.
- Little similarities with 50 Shades of Grey really ruined this book because where things like threats to spank, tie ups to furniture, need to dominate etc worked in 50 Shades they really didn't in this book because they were half hearted in this book. Despite threatening to spank Siena on several occasions Lucas just never delivers and where's in 50 Shades the hero is 'damaged' and has good reason for his deviancy here Lucas is not shown to havy any reason for behaving like an aboxious and rude rock star. He was just sooooo unlikeable. I really cannot think of any good personality qualities in Lucas - he's like that asshat guy your friend dates and everyone but her sees he's a total asshat.