The Cloister Walk
- Narrated by: Debra Winger
- Length: 2 hrs and 30 mins
- Abridged Audiobook
- Release date: 12-15-99
- Language: English
- Publisher: Phoenix Books
Regular price: $12.57
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $12.57
Winner of Publishers Weekly Listen Up Award: Best Audio of 1996, Spiritual Wisdom.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Mark Bolgiano on 05-13-03
I have to steer my fellow Audibilians toward "The Cloister Walk". Let me make this short and sweet, just like the book. Here's three reasons why I loved it -- and why you might too:
1. Kathleen Norris had some very practical things to say to me as a human being, with all of the positive/negative, physical/spiritual, temporal/eternal things that being human can mean.
2. I found her style of gently revealing an idea to be simply elegant. The thoughts were substantial without being overly dense or heavy - in other words, I gained understanding without gaining a headache.
3. For me, Debra Winger's voice is to sound what Monet is to sight - pleasing, skillful, wonderfully textured, and rendering each word perfectly.
Overall, a real joy to listen to. Try this one.
21 of 21 people found this review helpful
By Stuart Scarborough on 03-08-18
Enjoyable, but what did I miss?
i enjoyed it, but halfway through i tried to follow along with the hardcopy book that I had previously purchased and discovered that the Audible version skips over chunks of the book. I guess I should have known that you couldn't fit 382 pages into 2.5 hours. Shouldn't the Audible book be advertised as "abridged, " or something like that?
5 of 5 people found this review helpful