Regular price: $20.29
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $20.29
this book was very helpful in giving a full or bed missiology. I didn't agree with everything, but I think it's one of my top pics ever, and it's the best book on missions I've ever read
Would you listen to Let the Nations Be Glad again? Why?
Yes, I would listen to it again, in fact I have gone through certain portions of it a few times! I don't read/listen to books, I study them, so it takes time to work through them.
What other book might you compare Let the Nations Be Glad to and why?
The Bible, but not saying this book is equal to Holy Scripture, but that it lines up with it. The Bible is the final rule of authority!
Have you listened to any of Raymond Todd’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?
This book is on Christian Evangelical Missions, but first it's a book about the Glory of God. Piper sets a stage for his reader to keep "first things first" which is God's majestic glory and, His sovereignty over all of life, including missions. In fact, God is most concerned about His own glory! Piper says it this way, "The chief end of God is to glorify God and to enjoy himself forever." (using the first question of the Westminster Catechism).
The highlights for me have been:
1. The focus of worshipping a holy, mighty, powerful, just, glorious, merciful, loving God!
2. The necessity and the power of prayer! We so underestimate prayer in all of life and Piper nails it here!
3. The purpose, joy, and worth of suffering for the sake of Christ.. I went through this section a number of times.
4. The section on hell was important since we live in an age where this doctrine is falling by the way side. People don't read and know their Bibles and John Piper clarifies, Biblically this doctrine.
5. The significance of Jesus' work for the salvation of all who believe in Him! What a chapter!!
I end with this quote from the "Conclusion":
"The ultimate goal of God in all of history is to uphold and display his glory for the enjoyment of the redeemed from every tribe and tounge and people and nation." (pg. 255)