The Best of Cartoon Carnival, Volume One
- 'The Interviews'
- Narrated by: Joe Bevilacqua, Lorie Kellogg, Joe Barbera, Leonard Maltin, Bob Clampett, Stan Freberg, Daws Butler, Mel Blanc, Bill Marx, June Foray, Hoyt Curtin, Janet Waldo, Doug Young, Craig Marin
- Length: 2 hrs and 51 mins
- Original Recording Audiobook
- Release date: 10-27-11
- Language: English
- Publisher: Joe Bevilacqua, Waterlogg Productions
Regular price: $13.96
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $13.96
As the protégé of cartoon voice legend Daws Butler (Yogi Bear), the veteran award-winning broadcaster (NPR, Sirius-XM Radio) Joe Bevilacqua is no stranger to the cartoon world. Joe Bev. even co-authored his mentor’s authorized biography, Daws Butler, Characters Actor, available from Amazon.com.
From Mel Blanc to June Foray, from Disney to Hanna-Barbera, Cartoon Carnival is a lively hour of rare and classic cartoon audio, children’s records, cartoon music and sound effects, new radio cartoons, interviews, and mini-documentaries about the wonderful world of animation.
In this first collection are interviews with Joe Barbera, Leonard Maltin, Bob Clampett, Stan Freberg, Daws Butler, Mel Blanc, Bill Marx, June Foray, Bill Scott, Hoyt Curtin, and Craig Marin. Plus, audio from Warner Brothers and Hanna-Barbera cartoons: The Jetsons, The Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Ruff n Reddy, Magilla Gorilla, Bob Clampett's Time for Beany, Jay Ward's Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairy Tales, Fractured Flickers, The Chuck McCann Show, Winchell-Mahoney Time (Paul Winchell), and The Sandy Becker Show.
See More Like This
- More Narrated by Joe Bevilacqua
- More Narrated by Lorie Kellogg
- More Narrated by Joe Barbera
- More Narrated by Leonard Maltin
- More Narrated by Bob Clampett
- More Narrated by Stan Freberg
- More Narrated by Daws Butler
- More Narrated by Mel Blanc
- More Narrated by Bill Marx
- More Narrated by June Foray
- More Narrated by Hoyt Curtin
- More Narrated by Janet Waldo
- More Narrated by Doug Young
- More Narrated by Craig Marin
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Robert on 03-24-12
Rare and fun moments with cartoon/puppetry figures
A bit under 3 hours, with clips from Joe Bevilacqua's radio series with interviews of cartoon figures (some are older and done by other people). Stan Freberg & Daws Butler (time for Beany); Mel Blanc; Hoyt Curtin (that great Hanna Barbera music, which we get quite a dose of), a cool KCRW session with Rocky & Bullwinkle's June Foray and Bill Scott (done apparently a yr or so before Bill passed in the mid 80s), etc. At the end is Daws as Huck doing what I think is a spoof of Lorne Greene's "Ringo" only in this case it's about the Beatles drummer of course. I would also recommend Joe Bev's audiobook of the Alan Reed story and his "rare Daws Butler" collection.