Regular price: $27.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $27.99
In American Pravda, the listener is invited to go undercover with these intrepid journalists as they infiltrate political campaigns, unmask dishonest officials, and expose voter fraud. A rollicking adventure story on one level, this audiobook also serves as a treatise on modern media, arguing that establishment journalists have a vested interest in keeping the powerful comfortable and the people misinformed.
This audiobook not only contests the false narratives frequently put forth by corporate media; it documents the consequences of telling the truth in a world that does not necessarily want to hear it. O'Keefe's enemies attack with lawsuits, smear campaigns, political prosecutions, and false charges in an effort to shut down Project Veritas. For O'Keefe every one of these attacks is a sign of success. American Pravda puts the myths and misconceptions surrounding O'Keefe's activities to rest and will make you rethink every word you hear in the so-called mainstream press.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Ron on 01-27-18
Ten Reason to listen this book.
* Learning that CNN would play an illegally obtained Mitt Romney recording, but not show a video of a paid Hillary campaign worker who was legally filmed breaking campaign laws.
* Hearing about O’Keefe walking across the Rio Grand dressed as Osama Bin Laden to demonstrate how secure border really is.
* Finding out that the courts will not allow under-cover video in Massachusetts.
* Finding out that Project Veritas has filmed Republican candidates breaking campaign laws - forcing them to drop out before the election.
* If you are not aware of the media bias then this is a real eye opener.
* Verifying my suspicions that the Trump inauguration protest were instigated by Clinton campaign staff.
* Verifying my suspicions that the fights at Trump campaign events were instigated by Clinton supporters.
* Learning why under cover videos were released one at a time.
* Finding out that Veritas filmed church busses hauling the same voters to different polling precincts - no wonder Democrats are against voter ID laws.
* Finding out that even Fox news was reluctant to show undercover videos of illegal campaign activities
29 of 30 people found this review helpful
By Marcus1571 on 01-16-18
It is about time James entered the audiosphere!
By the time you finish the book you’ll realize how much of what you hear from the news is in fact the opposite of truth (Pravda).
This book made me think of Nathan Sharansky’s words about his captivity in the Lubianka’s infamous cells. He and the other political prisoners were only allowed to read the “Pravda” and yet he was able to get to the real truth of it by systematically inverting the words: this was the predictability of socialist hell.
22 of 23 people found this review helpful
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By R |L Jones (esq) on 01-25-18
Gripping, Historic, Heroic
The fascinating story of James O'Keefe and his undercover journalism operation that tells like a spy thriller, weaving multiple threads together as an operation grows from a brief encounter to a viral internet sensation that can result in all manner of real world consequences.
O'Keefe documents his battles against the corrupt and powerful, and fulfills a role that is vital for maintaining a healthy society free from corruption.
Gangsters beware, Veritas is everywhere. Food for thought for would be schemers.
Bonus: O'Keefe's impressions of those who he quotes, varied and amusing. Excellent range sir!
1 of 2 people found this review helpful