Former SEAL Chris Paladin leaves SEAL Team Six to become a pastor, but CIA spook Hannah Andrade pulls him back into Special Operations Group, the ultra-secret unit that SEAL Team Six operators and others served under to eliminate bin Laden. Chris and Hannah are joined by Delta Force’s Sonny Cohen to stop a new terrorist threat from launching a deadly cyber-terror against the United States.
Another great novel reflecting our Spec Ops forces’ global capabilities. Written by a proven and insightful master storyteller.” (Howard E. Wasdin, SEAL Team Six Sniper and New York Times best-selling author of SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper
“Stephen Templin’s Trident’s First Gleaming is a muscular thrill ride that’s rich with detail and full of heart and energy." (Mark Greaney, number one New York Times best-selling coauthor of Command Authority)
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Fantastic debut of a new series!
I waited to start this book until it was released last week on Audible. I finished it last night while driving around my neighborhood because I simply couldn't stop listening.
There are so many things that are right with this book that it is difficult to find a place to start. Here are a few that really stood out for me.
- I've read very few authors of fiction that can so accurately involve the reader/listener into the experience of war. Not just describe the experience. But, truly bring you INTO the experience. The emotions, the thoughts, the smell, the taste of acid in your mouth, the resolve to push forward in spite of fear, understanding the real fear - letting your teammates down, and the war inside of a man of faith who is also a warrior
- In the same way the experience of battle is developed in such understandable detail, the character development of the primary character in this novel is DEEP. You really get to know this guy. He is surrounded by a series of characters that are believable and interesting, each in their own way. I can put a name on each one of these people from someone I know in the Teams, SOG/SAD, or CAG. It reminds me of the best of Vince Flynn and John Gilstrap in how he captures the interactions within the warrior brotherhood.
- I mentioned this previously, but it deserves its own point. The author's willingness to explore the internal conflict of someone who holds himself to the standard of being a man of God, yet has a past, and a talent, that leads him back to the very dark world of men that hold themselves to a different standard of evil. I kept trying to find a comparable author, book, or character to what I experienced while listening to this story and there simply isn't one. It is that good. It is kind of like The Last Jihad series by Joel Rosenberg in that it deals directly and fearlessly with the challenges a man faces if he is to lead a life in accordance with his faith. At the same time, it is not a book about biblical prophecy. It is, however, a story of good versus evil, and of men and women who are willing to step up to face down that evil, up close and personally.
I join others in hoping this starts a long series around this character, Chris Paladin, and his cohorts Hannah and the irascible Sonny.
Great job, Stephen! Thanks for the great ride and for using your talent and experience to spin a tale that was unpredictable and that moved me at the heart level as I read it.
I highly recommend this book!
- JB "Husband, father, brother, friend. Pragmatic idealist. Warrior athlete in training - C2KOKORO. TOEDWY"
If you like military thrillers
- AudioBook Reviewer "All of my reviews are on my blog audiobookreviewer dot com"