Preternatural Affairs, Books 4-7
- Shadow Burns, Deadly Wrong, Ashes and Arsenic, and Once Darkness Falls
- Narrated by: Jeffrey Kafer
- Series: Preternatural Affairs, Book 4-7
- Length: 18 hrs and 49 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 01-05-17
- Language: English
- Publisher: Red Iris Books
- Whispersync for Voice-ready
Regular price: $24.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $24.95
This boxed set contains Shadow Burns, Deadly Wrong, Ashes and Arsenic, and Once Darkness Falls.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Elisabeth on 06-28-18
A lot of bang for the buck
1) Shadow Burns. 4.5 This series is told from the perspective of Cesar Hawke, but this installment which starts out at a mass murder at a retirement home, is actually Isobel's story. There are surprises, demons, and other dimensions. Some of the surprises are expected, some not so much. Even Suzy, who has been an underdeveloped character, is starting to come into her own. Who is Isobel? Why does she have this odd relationship with Fritz? Fritz reminds me a lot of another character, Thomas Lynley. Lynley is also too cool (not in a bad way), tall, blond, good looking, and rich. I am definitely enjoying this series.
2) Deadly Wrong. 4.5 OMG. This is Fritz and Isobel/Hope's backstory; and what a backstory it is. Death, undead, lies, betrayals, and a trip to Hell. There is no Cesar (except in reference). Also, this is very short, so I'm glad I bought it as part of a compilation.
3) Arsenic and Ashes. 4.0 While Fritz is off at a conference and Isobel is off dealing with her new life/unlife, Cesar is left in charge of the office. There's a bank robbery downtown and some dead witches wash up on the beach. Then Cesar has to deal with family matters as he comes from a long line of powerful witches and it has come home to roost. Another winner in a fun series.
4) Once Darkness Falls. 4.0. Lucretia's back and she has her knickers in a twist as usual. She has sent Cesar on a special assignment, and everyone knows that she is just setting him up to take a fall. To top it all off, Fritz wants him to be the best man at his wedding to Isobel. There are revelations about Fritz, lots of intrigue and mayhem, not to mention traitors and demons. There are mispronunciations that were corrected about half way through. Left me wanting more.
By BikeVON on 02-26-18
Best buy for the stories
The team is back and the action continues. If you read the first three books and you felt they were only, (I felt they were GREAT) ok, for one credit it is worth completing the series by buying this four-book set. You know the characters and the excitement they bring to the story. The stories are paranormal mysteries which involve great fast-paced action while solving paranormal crimes featuring witches, werewolves, demons and hell. Continue to read and enjoy. You definitely want to see what happens when Caesar finds himself involved with a three way love affair.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By AMF on 01-26-17
It's just a bit silly.
There isn't anything in it that is believable. clearly it's set in a fiction, but you can have a fiction with characters that absorb you and pull you in. The central character is dumb, two short planks, walks in without thinking dumb, and it gets a bit old. The story is muddled with far too many muddy morals.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful