Ebola K: A Terrorism Thriller : Ebola K

  • by Bobby Adair
  • Narrated by Adam Verner
  • Series: Ebola K
  • 7 hrs and 2 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook

Publisher's Summary

Ebola, Terrorism, and Hope
In 1989 the Ebola virus mutated to into an airborne strain that infected humans for the first time on American soil in Reston, Virginia. Through belated containment efforts and luck, nobody died.
Now, in the remote East African village of Kapchorwa, the Ebola virus has mutated into another airborne strain without losing any of its deadly potency.
In this thriller, terrorists stumble across this new, fully lethal strain and while the world fearfully watches the growing epidemic in West Africa as Sierra Leone goes into country-wide lockdown, only a few Americans are aware of Ebola K and the danger it poses—to be the deadliest pandemic in the history of mankind.
Can they do anything to protect themselves from this killer disease? Can they stop the terrorists?

More

See More Like This

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful

it is left completely wide-open for the next book

Ebola K, a novel about an outbreak of a particularly violent strain of Ebola in a small village in East Africa. This virus is unlike other strains of Ebola… it is incredibly easily passed between people and it is very deadly. An American is there teaching the poorest of the poor in this small village when the outbreak happens and he and his friend do everything they can to help out the overrun hospital. Austin (the American) calls his friends older brother who happens to be much worse than he could have ever expected. Throw in a terrorist sleeper cell that is now awake and ready to pounce using this deadly Ebola K… this book is a page-burner from start to finish.

The narration, done by Adam Verner is just perfect. He really has a “guy next door” type of voice. And was incredibly interesting to listen to. He, like a good narrator does, added to the story making me happy that I listened to this on audiobook compared to just reading it. The audio quality is perfect—probably studio quality with no errors or issues at all. Since reading this, I have looked for other books read by him (including Ebola K 2).

My biggest complaint, and the only reason that my overall impression of the book is that it just ends. There is no real ending—it is left completely wide-open for the next book. I understand keeping a reading invested and wanting more, but come on! Give me some sort of ending! I am eagerly awaiting the second book right now (it is out in eBook and on Audible).

But, taking away from that disappointment, this may hold a new record for fastest I’ve ever finished an audiobook. It only took two sittings for me, one to 25%, the other the last 75%. It was that interesting to me. Granted, I loved The Hot Zone, and any other book on Ebola (or a similar virus). But Adair really had my attention and he wouldn’t let it go. The way he jumps from person to person (and place to place) kept me glued to my seat (and up too late!)

Audiobook purchased for review by ABR.

Please find this complete review and many others at my review blog

[If this review helped, please press YES. Thanks!]
Read full review

- AudioBook Reviewer "All of my reviews are on my blog audiobookreviewer dot com"

I REALLY liked this one...thrilling!

Would you consider the audio edition of Ebola K: A Terrorism Thriller to be better than the print version?

I think that the audiobook really brings the book to life. I've listened to other audiobooks, and I think the narration on this one is really great...this is a terrible situation we're in with Ebola, and the narrator has a sensitivity to his voice that brings the reader into the story and really emphasizes the suffering going on in Africa.


What did you like best about this story?

The book was great...I love how it weaves current events into a really exciting and thought-provoking story. I also loved the characters.


What about Adam Verner’s performance did you like?

Adam just has a really smooth voice. I like to listen to audiobooks in my art studio, and the pace is great. I can work and concentrate on what I'm doing while being able to follow the story. A lot of other stories seem to be really fast...this one's perfect.


Was there a moment in the book that particularly moved you?

I thought the terrorists were particularly interesting. I think we all have stereotypes from the media in our minds, and I was surprised by a "moment of conscience" experienced by one of the jihadists when he realizes he's gotten himself in too deep.


Any additional comments?

I would highly recommend this one...

Read full review

- SquirrelGirl

Book Details

  • Release Date: 10-16-2014
  • Publisher: Bobby Adair