Regular price: $31.49

Free with 30-day trial
Membership details Membership details
  • A 30-day trial plus your first audiobook, free
  • 1 credit/month after trial – good for any book, any price
  • Easy exchanges – swap any book you don’t love
  • Keep your audiobooks, even if you cancel
  • After your trial, Audible is just $14.95/month
Select or Add a new payment method

Buy Now with 1 Credit

By confirming your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and Amazon's Privacy Notice. Taxes where applicable.

Buy Now for $31.49

Pay using card ending in
By confirming your purchase, you agree to Audible's Conditions of Use and Amazon's Privacy Notice. Taxes where applicable.

Publisher's Summary

Gutsy, relentless, wisecracking PI Fina Ludlow is back with her most hard-hitting case yet in the critically acclaimed series by Ingrid Thoft.
When soccer mom Liz Barone is attacked in her kitchen and left with a life-threatening injury, Fina Ludlow is hired by Liz's mother to identify her attacker. It's unusual for Fina to take a case that isn't connected to the family firm, Ludlow and Associates, but Liz was in the process of suing her alma mater, New England University - a suit that could be a legal gold mine.
Twenty years earlier, Liz was an NEU soccer star known for her physical toughness; however, a serious cognitive decline has soured her soccer memories. She's convinced that her aggressive style of play - and the university's willingness to ignore head injuries in favor of a win - has put her health and her future in jeopardy, and someone needs to be held responsible.
Was Liz attacked to stop her lawsuit, or were there other secrets in the seemingly innocent woman's life? Fina convinces her father and boss, Carl, to take the case and discovers that wading into the financially lucrative and emotionally charged world of collegiate sports requires nerves of steel. As the list of suspects grows and hidden agendas are revealed, Fina wonders if any game is worth the price.
©2015 Igrid Thoft (P)2015 Recorded Books
Show More Show Less

Customer Reviews

Most Helpful
4 out of 5 stars
By Meg on 09-08-15

Great addition to the series

I have now read all three books in the series and have enjoyed them all immensely. This is the first one I have listened to on audiobooks and I thought the narrator did a pretty good job capturing both voices and personalities of all the characters.

The story is fast paced and kept me interested throughout. If you are interested In these books I would definitely recommend reading the first two books before reading this one.

Read More Hide me

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

3 out of 5 stars
By Rusty on 08-28-15

Listening was Brutal

I liked 90% of Brutality, unfortunately the other 10% was too annoying for words.

Private Investigator Fina Ludlow was smart, funny, relentless and devoted to her clients & most of her extended family. The mystery was well written & creative.

Sadly, Fina eats the worst diet imaginable (described in great detail) and takes too much crap from her parents and 1 brother. It's painful and detracts from the rest of the book.

Read More Hide me
See all Reviews
© Copyright 1997 - 2018 Audible, Inc