Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Willow Star Serenity on 01-19-18
Zack Taylor is a man on a mission. His best friend has been murdered. What's worse is that nobody is wanting to consider it a murder. They all want it written off as a suicide. It's up to Zack to investigate and find out what really happened. I really did like this story a lot. I think it had great potential. I feel like it could have used a little more flair and dramatics. I guess I adore my thrillers and get a little picky about them. To me it came off as a little dry and bland. I don't think there was anything wrong with this book. Like I said, I enjoyed it a lot. The narrator could use a lot of work. He just didn't seem as intense as he could have been. He wasn't horrible. I was able to follow along with what he was saying. He just didn't get as excited about the story as I feel he should have. Could be why I didn't get into the story as much. I'll have to go back and actually read it and see if my opinion changes. I do recommend this book. If you like mysteries and thrillers, this is a book for you. I may feel like it could use a little more work and intensity, but I do really like it. I could see myself reading the rest of this series and actually reading this book again.
By sci teacher on 09-12-17
Action, Mystery, and More Action
Summary: Zack Taylor’s told his best friend just committed suicide, but he knows better … and he’s going to prove it.
- Warning – not a “clean” book. Contains half a dozen f-bombs and plenty of violence.
- It’s a bit like a Jack Reacher book in that certain people get pounded and you still end up rooting for the good guy.
- There’s a romance subplot that the book could have done without. It’s not that it was bad, but it seemed a tad forced.
- The characters are likable - or unlikable - as they’re supposed to be.
- There are a few light-hearted moments. The descriptions are decent.
- I heard the narrated version. Although I can’t say the narrator’s voice is my favorite, he fits the character well and put on a solid performance.
Conclusion: Mystery that provides an excellent excuse for the main character to bust people’s heads (and arms and whatnot).
* I received a free copy of the audiobook. The opinions expressed here are my own and I freely chose to leave this review.