Learn Ukrainian - Word Power 2001
- Narrated by: Innovative Language Learning
- Length: 3 hrs and 7 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 08-21-12
- Language: English
- Publisher: Innovative Language Learning, LLC
Regular price: $6.99
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $6.99
2001 of the most frequently used Ukrainian vocabulary words
Audio with authentic native Ukrainian pronunciation
Vibrant photos and images to help memorization (PDF downloaded post purchase)
Useful and practical sample sentences and phrases Purchase Learn Ukrainian - Word Power 2001 today to start mastering Ukrainian vocabulary in the fastest, easiest and most fun way possible!
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Javid on 01-28-13
Don't buy this!
What could Innovative Language Learning have done to make this a more enjoyable book for you?
I am a native speaker of Russian, which belongs to the same group as Ukrainian. Thus, I can understand Ukrainian almost perfectly, and I ordered this book in a hope to remove gaps in my word spare (so that I can speak the language too, not merely understand it). Imagine my disappointment when I saw that many words looked like a machine translation. One example: "call the IT department" (without "to" at the beginning) is translated as "подзвоніть у відділ інформаційних технологій", which can be literally translated as...
- "die IT-Abteilung anrufen" instead of "rufen Sie die IT-Abteilung an" in German
- "téléphoner le service des TI" instead of "téléphonez le service des TI" in French
- "llamar al departamento de TI" instead of "llamen al departmento de TI" in Spanish
- "chiamare il servizio IT" instead of "chiami il servizio IT" in Italian, etc.
This gives me no option than to suspect that this translation was done by an unprofessional team with a very basic knowledge in what they are doing. I'm sorry that I've already bought their edition of Arabic and Dutch - now I don't even want to open either.
I hope this was convincing enough.
Please, do not buy this!
3 of 3 people found this review helpful