Estelle's Winning Spirit
- The Storybook Illustrated Guide to Type 1 Diabetes (Audiobook)
- Narrated by: Caroline Miller
- Length: 59 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 08-08-14
- Language: English
- Publisher: SiGuides
Regular price: $3.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $3.95
This audiobook is part of the Storybook Illustrated Guides
(https://www.siguides.com/ ), which main goal is to serve as an educational resource that will benefit parents and children alike. The fictional stories include characters, who are just like you/your child, that discover why they are different and learn that they can overcome and lead normal lives. Each audiobook/book is fundamentally divided into three sections:
1) Created for parents and caregivers, practical and useful tips to help recognize symptoms of conditions covered in each book.
2) The stories themselves, illustrated to capture children’s interest while educating them about various illnesses.
3) A list of online resources that adults can use to learn more about conditions.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Yaquelin on 08-16-14
I really enjoyed reading about Estelle, who is a child that gets diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. This story is fiction but I was pleasantly surprised who accurate it was (I am an RN), there's even a very helpful guide at beginning for what happens when a child is experiencing symptoms. Type 1 diabetes is hard enough for adults but there are more and more cases of children who are diagnosed, Estelle's story is good for children and parents who might have or know someone who has diabetes. The narrator was also excellent, made a good story even more enjoyable. would recommend.
I received this audio book in exchange for an honest review