In less than 60 minutes of listening to this audiobook, you will have heard the original United States Constitution. This lecture was given live at Harvard. It provides an immediacy not available in sound studios. To improve your understanding of the Constitution, we have included original readings and commentary related to this subject, such as the drafting and ratification of the Constitution, the historical influences on the Constitution, and the Anti-Federalists.This information will furnish you with original source material, giving you a fuller understanding of the context and events surrounding the Constitution. Whether you are doing a book report for school or just want to brush up on your American history, this is a great place to start. The 9 tracks include:1. Introduction to the Constitution and the time period when it was created.
2. Timeline from the Founding of the Country to the Constitution.
3. Drafting and Ratification.
4. James Madison: the Primary Author of the Constitution.
5. Historical Influences Upon the Constitution: Past and Present.
6. Reading of the Constitution and Amendments.
7. Simply Notes.
8. Simply Discussion.
9. Summary. These tracks include the actual reading of the Constitution, something few people have read and even fewer heard. The author discusses the timeline, drafting, and ratification issues; James Madison, the author and fourth president; historical influences on this document; additional notes to consider; and discussion topics for schools, essays, and conversation. This is a must listen for students of Americana, and is a companion to US Bill of Rights by the same author and publisher.This product is part of the Simply Magazine Great Thought series, which emphasizes short readings so you can spend your valuable time thinking about the subjects, with time to re-listen to these original works.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
🎆Adventurous Conversations Following this Topic☕️
- F. F. F.
- Brian and Kristen