Did you know that Shakespeare wrote the world's first ever knock knock joke? How much of a ribbon worm's own body do you think it can eat and still survive if it gets a little hungry? Do you know what the most unusual lost property items that have been handed in on the London Underground are? And what surprising kind of song is the American national anthem based on? This absolutely fascinating audiobook contains over 100 facts covering various categories such as war, music, TV and film, ancient civilizations, royalty, and more. So whether you want to know which pirate ate a man's beating heart, or what Lennon and McCartney's unfinished play was called, then this is the perfect audiobook for you.
Unfortunately, that depends on our systems, and they're keeping it to themselves. It could take a few minutes, but there's a chance it will be longer. We recommend that you check back with us in a few hours, when your title should be available for download in My Library. We appreciate your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Please contact customer service if the problem persists.
We're Sorry, We Were Unable to Process Your Credit Card
Please edit your payment details or add a new card.
This is a short, humorous and interesting book of trivia and facts, that’s fun and easy to listen to. The narrator makes this list of random facts very entertaining and he manages to put humour in all the right spots. From random animal facts to Royalty, war and sports, these fun facts can not help but entertain.
The audiobook 101 Amazing Facts by Jack Goldstein, Narrated by J. Scott Bennett is great for people who love trivia and random facts! I'm a teacher, and I hold trivia challenges for my high school students each week, so I was super excited when I saw this fun listen! The book is organized well. It is broken up into themes (see below) and each theme includes 10 facts. As each fact is presented, the narrator reads the fact number, making it easy to refer back to certain ones, or find your place, if necessary.
At the beginning of the book, there is a brief introduction that preps the reader/listener for what they are about to hear by immediately engaging us with....yup, you guessed it, some AMAZING FACTS! Here are the included themes in this audiobook:
1. Animals - Perfect theme to start with! It engages us right away because who doesn't love animals?! I enjoyed all of these opening facts, especially the one about sea otters...awe!
2. War - I would have put this section as the 3rd or 6th theme...I went from being fully engaged to zoning out a little bit. That is just personal opinion, though. History buffs will greatly enjoy this war-themed section! This audiobook includes themes that appeal to everyone, making for a well-rounded listen!
3. Capital Cities - The first fact in this section grabbed my attention and helped me jump right back into the book! Also, pay extra attention to fact #29! Fabulous job, J. Scott Bennett! The narration here is awesome! That doesn't "just happen." You are GOOD!
4. Ancient Civilizations - I definitely will be listening to this section again! Not only did I enjoy the information presented here, but I paused it and bookmarked parts so that I could come back to it later. I couldn't help but spend some time online looking up more information about some of the facts that sparked an interest in me. :-)
5. TV and Film - I LOVED these facts! So much fun! They are about shows and actors many of us are familiar with, but it passed so quickly...I want more!
6. Royalty - Informative and interesting! I particularly enjoyed Fact #56...wow! Really?! I never knew that! I enjoy learning about royalty, well, because I do not have the joy of living that lifestyle. After hearing some of these facts, though, perhaps my life is just fine how it is! :-)
7. Mysteries - I think this is my absolute favorite section in the book! It's like watching an episode of unsolved mysteries. You should create an audibook of 101 Facts just on this section alone. If you enjoy unexplained mysteries and unsolved cases this is the theme for you! You will especially enjoy fact #70!
8. Music - Ha! Fact #73 is great! This section is short and sweet. I liked these facts, as will all music lovers. It would be cool to buy an audiobook about musicians and facts about their music that was geared strictly toward teens/young adults because I could use it in the classroom! They would love it! Also, it was great to hear fact #80 about Princess Diana! :-)
9. Sports - I knew there had to be a section included about sports. I'm sure there are tons of books out there with tons of interesting sports facts...they are fun for me to listen to because they are always so outrageous! Really? Hole-in-one insurance in Japan...hahahaaa!
10. Everything Else - This section is awesome! It includes facts that don't easily fit into one of the themes mentioned above. I kept wondering what the last theme would be...the "Everything Else" section was a great choice! I loved fact #101 about Shakespeare! I never knew that...thanks!
Overall, I rate the audiobook 101 Amazing Facts by Jack Goldstein, Narrated by J. Scott Bennett 5/5 stars across the board. Jack Goldstein's inclusion of such a wide variety of facts, kept my interest throughout. I liked that it was brief and to the point, without any unnecessary elaboration, because it allowed the book to keep moving forward.
The narration was awesome! J. Scott Bennett has a voice that is pleasing to the ear. He presents the information in a way that is easy to understand, and his pronouciation is superb and well-practiced (once again, refer to Fact #29!!). This is the 2nd book I have listened to him narrate, and I hope to hear more in the future. His voice is inviting and calm, and I can hear his cheerful attitude shine through his words. I enjoy his work as a narrator!
The audiobook was a PERFECT length, in my opinion. Any shorter would have made it feel like a part/sample of a book, and any more would have been repetitive and possibly caused boredom or given the feeling of dragging on. 101 facts (10 themes, broken up into 10 facts each...well, 11 for theme 10) was just enough to keep my interest, while staying entertained throughout! It was about an hour long and included facts that appeal to the trivia and fact lover in all of us! Some facts are informative, making you think and want to learn more, while others were unbelievably interesting, causing me to say, "OMGosh! No way!" I learned a ton of info that I didn't know before, and I hope there is more to come! Perhaps, 101 Amazing Facts Part #2? Please? Also, now that I am one step ahead the others in the fact game, feel free to add me to your phone-a-friend list. I'll be waiting for your call! :-)
Thank you for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. :-)