The Wolf's Cub
- Narrated by: Ruth Ann Phimister
- Length: 12 hrs and 18 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 03-07-07
- Language: English
- Publisher: Recorded Books
Regular price: $31.47
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $31.47
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Ernest on 04-02-07
Very disappointing. The book description gave me high expectations for an Alaskan adventure. After dwelling on an adulterous affair between one of the main characters and the outpost owner's wife, then a brutal rape in South America, and then a tiring dialog between the two main characters I knew this was not what I was expecting. I gave up after 5 hours.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
By Mimi Routh on 12-18-12
I SHOULD ASK FOR A REFUND!
1. This is Book Two of a projected series. Nobody told me to listen to The Winter Wolf first.
2. This is not very good writing. It lost my respect early on when a chaste lady from the hoopskirt era -- and in chilly weather -- follows an interesting young man into a lake in the wilderness of Alaska! This might be Parry's idea of a neat story, but not mine.
3. Ruth Ann Phimister is probably not the narrator, as the narrator I heard is definitely a man! Ruth Ann has a soft, rich, very womanly voice. She could certainly sound like a rough man, but to narrate the whole thing as a rough man doesn't make sense!
4. Wyatt Earp's article in Wikipedia is better than this story! Evidently one of Earp's common-law wives was a Blaylock, and she was the mother of the young man in this story.
5. AUDIBLE'S MARKETING DOES NO GOOD IF PEOPLE ARE STEERED TOWARD UNSUITABLE BOOKS. According to Pubglisher's Weekly, this is a "formula western". I have already been wrongly steered to a kids' book and sappy Christian romance. Not good!
6. I tried to learn something about the author, but met up mainly with Richard Lloyd Parry, not the same person at all, tho this Parry seems to be riding in his windstream.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful