New York City's streets are more dangerous than ever with the leaderless Order of Adrasteia and the Ikelos Coalition, a newly emerged Therian group, at war. Innocent civilians are caught in the crossfire and although the THIRDS round up more and more members of the Order in the hopes of keeping the volatile group from reorganizing, the members of the Coalition continue to escape and wreak havoc in the name of vigilante justice.
Worse yet, someone inside the THIRDS has been feeding the Coalition information. It's up to Destructive Delta to draw out the mole and put an end to the war before anyone else gets hurt. But to get the job done, the team will have to work through the aftereffects of the Therian Youth Center bombing. A skirmish with Coalition members leads Agent Dexter J. Daley to a shocking discovery and suddenly it becomes clear that the random violence isn't so random. There's more going on than Dex and Sloane originally believed, and their fiery partnership is put to the test. As the case takes an explosive turn, Dex and Sloane are in danger of losing more than their relationship.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Mark Westfield Rocks This Series!
I absolutely love and adore Mark Westfield’s narration of this series! To me, it’s Westfield’s narration that makes this series shine.
Things I enjoyed about the book:
1. Getting to see the progression of the Sloane and Dex’s relationship. Finally getting to see Sloane remove his head from his ass and recognize what he has in Dex was awesome.
2. The humor. Once again, it was the humor, and in many cases with this particular story, it was only the humor that kept me from throwing my Kindle out the window.
3. The audio narration. Mark Westfield does a really good job bringing the characters and situations to life. I enjoyed his narration just as much this time, and it’s his narration that keeps me going.
Things that drove me nuts?
1. How do I keep figuring out the bad guy? I am probably the most oblivious person you will ever meet. Seriously. So I find it absolutely tragic that I have figured out who the bad guy is in each of these “mysteries” only a couple chapters in. That’s just sad.
2. Sloane, and then Ash’s, whole “I’m so broken because of tragic things in my past, so therefore you’re better off without me” bull****. I just can’t. The whole thing between Ash and Cael? I was so hoping Cael would kick Ash in the nuts. In. The. Nuts.
3. And then…and then! There’s a part that had me literally writhing on my chair with rage and disbelief – I won’t spoil it – but it had me CRAZY. Ok? CRAZY. So I found it totally implausible Dex would only tell Sloane, and not say something to Tony. Then I found it COMPLETELY impossible that Sloane would do…absolutely nothing. He barely even has a conversation about it. I cannot even. Worst soldier/cops ever.
Sloane doesn’t even follow up until the following day (or was it days?) later! And then Sloane does nothing. Sloane and Dex don’t tell the team? Putting everyone in jeopardy? What the hell?
AND THEN…the cliffhanger? The one that even I could see coming a mile away and without spoilers?
But…BUT! What can I say? This series is full of humor, action, suspense, and sexy times. Couple all of that with Mark Westfield’s narrative delivery, and I’m hooked!
Fans of the series won’t be disappointed with this installment. And I freely admit I can’t wait to get my hands on the next audio book in the series.
The mystery deepens as does feelings
Absolutely. The story kept me engrossed. The suspense was nail-biting and the romance hot.
Oh yes! There were some shocking twists, some surprise revelations, and the ending was really a shock!
I think my favorite thing is when they talk on coms or radios or there is a broadcast how his voice sounds like it's actually coming through one. It's pretty cool.
Traitor In The Midst
I loved this story. I like the mystery, suspense and how it shows a few other men's relationships as Sloane and Dex explore theirs. It picks up after the surprising end of the last book with the Order still out there yet without a leader and now a Therian Coalition is fighting the Order too. There is a mole in the Thirds, a few surprises in store and another explosive ending.
Sloane and Dex's relationship deepen and we find out there is a couple others developing too.
Dex lends a touch of humor to the deeply suspenseful story and there is enough hot sex that there is a good balance of it all.
If you like Mystery/Suspense / Science Fiction / Werecats/Shapeshifters/ twists/romance/ and some hot man-sex you will love this