Regular price: $10.49
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $10.49
Tough-as-nails Troubleshooters operative Sam Starrett learns the agony of loving someone in danger - and the hell of waiting on the home front - as his wife, Alyssa, hurtles into a foreign hot spot that’s about to boil over.
Navy SEAL Frank O’Leary’s ill-fated holiday reunion with his older brother takes a turn for the better - when a chance encounter on a rainy New Orleans street gives Frank a reason to be thankful after all.
In a maze of tunnels deep beneath a military base in Germany, Jules Cassidy, Alyssa Locke, and their comrades in arms match wits with terrorists on a mission with explosive consequences.
Plus more never-before-released adventures featuring Jenk, Izzy, Gillman, Lopez, Kenny, Savannah, and other members of SEAL Team 16 - along with Suzanne Brockmann’s exclusive interviews with her beloved characters. Looking for the best kind of trouble? You’ve found it!
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Kindle Customer on 05-01-13
Nice group of short stories now in audio
What made the experience of listening to Headed for Trouble the most enjoyable?
The short stories with Sam, Alyssa, Jules. I also appreciated the book being bookmarked so that I could skip to the short stories I care about the most.
Would you be willing to try another book from Suzanne Brockmann? Why or why not?
Yes. I have really enjoyed the characters of this series and will read more if they come out. Her juggling multiple POVs in her books could be a bit much for some people. Having a female and male reader to narrator the famale/male character POVs help to keep track of the story in audio.
Have you listened to any of Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank ’s other performances before? How does this one compare?
I have enjoyed their performances in past Troubleshooter books and their performance in this collection is no exception.
Any additional comments?
Book Introduction - Melanie Ewbank - (04:33)
Troubleshooters 00 - When Frank Met Rosie - Patrick Lawlor - (39:25)
- I didn't listen to this story.
Troubleshooters 00 - Thoughts on When Frank Met Rosie - Melanie Ewbank - (07:15)
- This is Ms. Brockmann's thoughts on writing this short story about a character was dropped from the series during book 3.
Troubleshooters 06.5 - When Alyssa and Sam Met the Dentist - Melanie Ewbank - (14:45) 3*
- Nice little preview of the villain from Hot Pursuit (book 15)
Troubleshooters 07.5 - Waiting - Patrick Lawlor - (35:05) 4*
- I love Sam and Alyssa so while Alyssa is mostly off-screen I enjoyed this story. Sam gets bad news about a mission Alyssa is on while he's at home with his daughter. The other wives of SEAL Team 16 show up to provide support.
Troubleshooters 09.5 - Sam Takes an Assignment in Italy Patrick Lawlor - (31:58) 4*
- Again, Sam is the main character with Jules coming in to have his back. It's a fun little short story.
Troubleshooters 09.6 - When Jenk, Izzy, Gilman, and Lopez Met Tony Vlachic - Patrick Lawlor - (25:53) 3*
- Fun little story about when the guys get to know Tony.
Troubleshooters 09.7 - Suz's Interview with Tom and Kelly - Melanie Ewbank - (07:41) 2*
- Not a big fan of the interview style bits in this anthology. This was just OK for me.
Troubleshooters 10.1 - Trapped - Patrick Lawlor - (1:02:44) 3.5*
- First short I listened to with some real action taking place. Was nice to see other members of the group in on this op. I love Sam, Alyssa and Jules. It was also the first story with some length to it.
Troubleshooters 10.2 - Conversation with Navy SEALs Mark "Jenk" Jenkins, Dan Gillman, Jay Lopez, and Irving "Izzy" Zanella - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (06:26) 2*
- I didn't think this worked that well in audio
Troubleshooters 10.3 - Suz's Interview with Kenny and Savannah - Melanie Ewbank (07:53) 2*
Troubleshooters 12.6 - Home Is Where the Heart Is (Part I & II) - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (2:52:20) 3*
- Main characters for this short were secondary (non-Troubleshooter) characters introduced in All Through The Night (book 12). I thought the premise of the plot was a bit thin but it was OK.
Troubleshooters 15.5 - A SEAL and Three Babies - Patrick Lawlor - (1:30:18) 4*
- This was my favorite short story in this collection. I loved seeing Sam and Robin working together in this short story.
FAQ Interview with Suz - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:15) 2*
- I wish there had been more/longer real short stories instead of some of these entries. We can find this on the author's website.
Valentine's Day - Melanie Ewbank - (03:35) 1*
- I appreciate the sentiments in this commentary but, again, would have preferred more/longer short stories.
Fighting Destiny 00 - Bonus Story: Shane's Last Stand Patrick Lawlor (1:01:55) 3.5*
- This is a prequel to her Fighting Destiny series. I did read book 1 (Born to Darkness) and found it interesting so I liked this story. I can understand its inclusion in this collection since this takes place when Shane is a Navy SEAL (in the dystopian future) and it's one of the few short stories with some action going on.
Troubleshooters 00 - Glossary of Troubleshooters Terms - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:43) 1*
- A mostly straight forward glossary of terms.
Troubleshooters 00 - Troubleshooters Series Timeline - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (13:45) 1*
- A brief summary of the books and short stories that are part of the Troubleshooters series. Appreciate the inclusion in an e-book but these last 2 entries of the audio take over 30 minutes and while the narrators can make it interesting, not something I'd re-visit.
While there was a lot of extra stuff in this collection that I could have done without, the short stories I enjoyed were worth the price of admission for me.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
By Jenn from Santa Cruz, California on 05-06-13
I love this series... when I saw this audiobook I bought it immediately!! I still would have bought it even if I had read the reviews because I strongly believe in making my own judgment calls....but, they were right.
I made it through 2 1/2 hours w/ 7+ to go, but it's just too unbearable. These stories were just too short to really add anything to the storyline. Plus, unless you are a major fan & have read every single book in this series you simply won't get it.
And I have read & listened to every book, some of them numerous times and though I know the characters, this book doesn't go anywhere.
I love this author & the narrators, but you can easily skip this one.
On the other hand, this audiobook is very cheap, so it would be worth it.
Even though this particular audiobook is not my cup of tea, I don't regret getting it.
I just wish I knew that it was a compilation of lots & lots of short stories and these blurbs that are more like a stream of thoughts put onto paper.
Anyways, best for you to be the judge. 😉
4 of 4 people found this review helpful