New York Times best-selling author Suzanne Brockmann, whom USA Today calls “the reigning queen of military suspense”, breaks out a rapid-fire collection of pulse-pounding, heart-tugging stories and novellas featuring the intrepid men and women of Troubleshooters Inc., fiction’s hottest ultimate counterterrorism squad.
Tough-as-nails Troubleshooters operative Sam Starrett learns the agony of loving someone in danger - and the hell of waiting on the home front - as his wife, Alyssa, hurtles into a foreign hot spot that’s about to boil over.
Navy SEAL Frank O’Leary’s ill-fated holiday reunion with his older brother takes a turn for the better - when a chance encounter on a rainy New Orleans street gives Frank a reason to be thankful after all.
In a maze of tunnels deep beneath a military base in Germany, Jules Cassidy, Alyssa Locke, and their comrades in arms match wits with terrorists on a mission with explosive consequences.
Plus more never-before-released adventures featuring Jenk, Izzy, Gillman, Lopez, Kenny, Savannah, and other members of SEAL Team 16 - along with Suzanne Brockmann’s exclusive interviews with her beloved characters. Looking for the best kind of trouble? You’ve found it!
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
Nice group of short stories now in audio
The short stories with Sam, Alyssa, Jules. I also appreciated the book being bookmarked so that I could skip to the short stories I care about the most.
Yes. I have really enjoyed the characters of this series and will read more if they come out. Her juggling multiple POVs in her books could be a bit much for some people. Having a female and male reader to narrator the famale/male character POVs help to keep track of the story in audio.
I have enjoyed their performances in past Troubleshooter books and their performance in this collection is no exception.
Book Introduction - Melanie Ewbank - (04:33)
Troubleshooters 00 - When Frank Met Rosie - Patrick Lawlor - (39:25)
- I didn't listen to this story.
Troubleshooters 00 - Thoughts on When Frank Met Rosie - Melanie Ewbank - (07:15)
- This is Ms. Brockmann's thoughts on writing this short story about a character was dropped from the series during book 3.
Troubleshooters 06.5 - When Alyssa and Sam Met the Dentist - Melanie Ewbank - (14:45) 3*
- Nice little preview of the villain from Hot Pursuit (book 15)
Troubleshooters 07.5 - Waiting - Patrick Lawlor - (35:05) 4*
- I love Sam and Alyssa so while Alyssa is mostly off-screen I enjoyed this story. Sam gets bad news about a mission Alyssa is on while he's at home with his daughter. The other wives of SEAL Team 16 show up to provide support.
Troubleshooters 09.5 - Sam Takes an Assignment in Italy Patrick Lawlor - (31:58) 4*
- Again, Sam is the main character with Jules coming in to have his back. It's a fun little short story.
Troubleshooters 09.6 - When Jenk, Izzy, Gilman, and Lopez Met Tony Vlachic - Patrick Lawlor - (25:53) 3*
- Fun little story about when the guys get to know Tony.
Troubleshooters 09.7 - Suz's Interview with Tom and Kelly - Melanie Ewbank - (07:41) 2*
- Not a big fan of the interview style bits in this anthology. This was just OK for me.
Troubleshooters 10.1 - Trapped - Patrick Lawlor - (1:02:44) 3.5*
- First short I listened to with some real action taking place. Was nice to see other members of the group in on this op. I love Sam, Alyssa and Jules. It was also the first story with some length to it.
Troubleshooters 10.2 - Conversation with Navy SEALs Mark "Jenk" Jenkins, Dan Gillman, Jay Lopez, and Irving "Izzy" Zanella - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (06:26) 2*
- I didn't think this worked that well in audio
Troubleshooters 10.3 - Suz's Interview with Kenny and Savannah - Melanie Ewbank (07:53) 2*
Troubleshooters 12.6 - Home Is Where the Heart Is (Part I & II) - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (2:52:20) 3*
- Main characters for this short were secondary (non-Troubleshooter) characters introduced in All Through The Night (book 12). I thought the premise of the plot was a bit thin but it was OK.
Troubleshooters 15.5 - A SEAL and Three Babies - Patrick Lawlor - (1:30:18) 4*
- This was my favorite short story in this collection. I loved seeing Sam and Robin working together in this short story.
FAQ Interview with Suz - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:15) 2*
- I wish there had been more/longer real short stories instead of some of these entries. We can find this on the author's website.
Valentine's Day - Melanie Ewbank - (03:35) 1*
- I appreciate the sentiments in this commentary but, again, would have preferred more/longer short stories.
Fighting Destiny 00 - Bonus Story: Shane's Last Stand Patrick Lawlor (1:01:55) 3.5*
- This is a prequel to her Fighting Destiny series. I did read book 1 (Born to Darkness) and found it interesting so I liked this story. I can understand its inclusion in this collection since this takes place when Shane is a Navy SEAL (in the dystopian future) and it's one of the few short stories with some action going on.
Troubleshooters 00 - Glossary of Troubleshooters Terms - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:43) 1*
- A mostly straight forward glossary of terms.
Troubleshooters 00 - Troubleshooters Series Timeline - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (13:45) 1*
- A brief summary of the books and short stories that are part of the Troubleshooters series. Appreciate the inclusion in an e-book but these last 2 entries of the audio take over 30 minutes and while the narrators can make it interesting, not something I'd re-visit.
While there was a lot of extra stuff in this collection that I could have done without, the short stories I enjoyed were worth the price of admission for me.