Big Country, Vol. 2
- Stories of Louis L'Amour
- Narrated by: Mark Bramhall
- Length: 3 hrs and 27 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 12-17-09
- Language: English
- Publisher: Blackstone Audio, Inc.
Regular price: $13.96
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $13.96
In "Home in the Valley," Steve Mehan can still recoup the money to save five ranches back home if only he can make it from Sacramento to Seattle on horseback and beat the steamer carrying some bad news.
In "West Is Where the Heart Is," home is still more than 200 miles away when Jim London comes across the burned-out wagon train with only one survivor, a five-year-old girl. He'll have to take her with him.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Lady M on 01-06-13
In a word--GREAT!!!!!
According to his official web site list Louis L'Amour wrote 126 books, and I'm well on my way to reading most of them. This collection of THREE short stories are some of his best, in my opinion.
(1) Wade McQueen, foreman of the Tumbling K, is back in "West Of The Tularosa" better than ever.
(2) "West Is Where The Heart Is" is about a man, Jim London, who finds an orphaned girl from a Wagon Train massacre on his way home from the war.
(3) In "Home In The Valley" we're introduced to a man, Steve McCann (sp?), a man that doesn't know the meaning of 'you can't do it', or in 'giving up'.
ALL are great stories read by Mark Bramhall, who gave a convincing performance even for the women.
If you've never read Louis L'Amour books this would be a great first read, and a must read for the L'Amour fan.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful