Regular price: $10.49
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $10.49
It's a highly enjoyable selection of poems. Forbes Masson gave an impassioned and expressive rendition. I fell in love with his Scottish accent. I could listen to him for hours. Over and over again.
Here's the list of poems on the audio:
1. A Man's a Man for a' That
2. A Red, Red Rose
3. A Winter Night
4. Address to a Haggis
5. Address to the Unco Guid
6. Ae Fond Kiss
7. Apology for Declining an Invitation to Dine
8. Auld Lang Syne
9. Bessy and her Spinnin' Wheel
10. Epistle to a Young Friend
11. Holy Willie's Prayer
12. I'll Meet Thee on the Lea Rig
13. Man Was Made to Mourn
14. My Bonie Mary
15. My Love's She's But a Lassie Yet
16. On a Suicide
17. Robert Bruce's March to Bannockburn
18. Such a Parcel of Rogues in a Nation
19. Tam O'Shanter
20. The Banks O'Doon
21. The Cotter's Saturday Night
22. From The Jolly Beggars (extract)
23. To a Louse, On Seeing One on a Lady's Bonnet at Church
24. To a Mouse, On Turning Her up in Her Nest with the Plough
25. To Mary in Heaven
11 of 11 people found this review helpful
What made the experience of listening to The Great Poets: Robert Burns the most enjoyable?
I only caught every 4th word but it's worth studying so I'll read the poems and listen again. The actor who narrated it had such a good time bringing these works to life.
Who was your favorite character and why?
Which scene was your favorite?
Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?
Any additional comments?
0 of 1 people found this review helpful
Forbes Masson gives a wonderfully passionate performance which brings the poetry and songs to life.
loved it. The narrator was perfect and brought it to life. An enjoyable listen for all!