- What Great Leaders Know and Do
- Narrated by: Rick Adamson
- Length: 2 hrs and 32 mins
- Unabridged Audiobook
- Release date: 02-10-05
- Language: English
- Publisher: HighBridge, a division of Recorded Books
Regular price: $16.07
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $16.07
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By James on 09-17-13
To Serve Is The Best Form of Leadership
The Secret, is a really good book that talks about the secret of great leadership in some easy to follow steps and, with a simple change in philosophy (taking on a servitude attitude) is something that we all can and should develop.
Author, Ken Blanchard breaks down his Secret approach to leadership in these simple steps.
S = seeing the vision
- Leaders need to have a vision of where they’re going, how they’re going to get there and how effectively they can communicate the vision to the team
E = engaging and empowering the team
- Blanchard talks about how we can and should “engage the hearts… and not the hands/skills” of our teams that we work with. Also, we need to empower people to do and be the best they can be
R = reinventing yourself
- It I important to reinvent yourself and “refresh” your approach to how you operate your business and treat your team. Things change, and it’s important for all of us to keep up with the changes
V = Valuing your relationships
- Relationships are key. They are to be cherished and valued at the highest level. Again, things and people (their situations and needs) are always changing, so if you have a meaningful relationship with the team members, then you’ll be able to bring added value to your team and team member.
E = embodying your values
- Be clear about what your values are and if the team is living up to it. Take the time from time to time in updating team/business/relationship values as new members come onboard, dynamics change of you as a leader change
I thought that this book really helped clarify why us purposeful leaders do what we do. I’m glad that I was able to read it and learn so much about what more that I can do in order to continue trying to be the best leader that I can be.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful
By Rajeev on 05-04-05
Becoming a leader?
If you are moving into a new leadership role or need a refresher course to improve your skills, this book is for you. Written as a story, it is very easy to listen to. The concepts are simple but effective.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful