Regular price: $29.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $29.95
I've come to almost the same conclusions when it comes to software development and dealing with people. To name a few:
- your first programming language is not that important
- learning next programming languages is way easier than 1st one
- it's worth invensting in yourself (education, clothes, etc.)
- people judge you by the way you dress (whether you like it or not)
- soft skills are really important for software developers
- in order to advance your career you cannot be "quiet"
What I've learnt:
- it's a good idea to become more popular (blogs, podcasts, talks)
- starting realistic, simple project and sticking to it is better than having many complicated ideas that will never get finished
- as a boss/leader you shouldn't be micromanaging employees
What I didn't like:
- I disagree that it's really that important to have CV prepared by professional company
- I'm not sure about making friends with HR before interview and buying them lunch. In company that I work for all the employees had to go through training that was really against such behaviours
- a little bit too much promotion in my opinion. Author was really honest about this in the book, but I still feel that a lot of time was spent on marketing.
To sum up I've really appreciated this book and I sincerely recommend it.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful
I am a novice programmer, with almost a year of experience in Autonomous Driving Systems Manual Test Engineering/ QA. This audio book is great! The information John provided hit every point; answering a number of questions I had as I plan my learning path in python programming and preparing my career in development. I was even able to use John’s teachings in the operations of my tattoo studio, and project management for my content writing business. I am very entrepreneurial; this book and John’s information filled website helped me fill some holes with many questions answered! I have recommended this book to a number of tech savvy comrades.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Amazing narrator! The book was amazing.
The only thing that I got sad about was when I reached the end.
So well put together, it is clear and to the point for a wide audience.