Regular price: $19.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $19.95
Whether you just want a job that lets you travel the world for free, or you're looking for a career that lets you set your own hours and do what you love, this audiobook will show you how to become a tour guide with clear, practical advice and easy to follow steps.
It will teach you what you need to say, how to advertise your services and how the pros make their money and ask for tips. It will teach you how to start your first tour, how to get repeat business after you've finished it and even what life is really like 'out there on the road.'
Written by a Tour Guide with experience in guided tours across 15 countries and with contributions from experts all across the world, there's no better way to start one of the best careers in the world.
SNEAK PEEK: TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Tour Guiding 101
2. The Different Faces of a Tour Guide: What the job actually involves
3. Is there a Tour Guide in You?
4. Essentials of a Good Tour Manager: Including service, research and spieling advice
5. Public Speaking: Including how to overcome anxiety, and how to ask for tips
6. For Love or Money: Including how much you can earn as a guide
7. Creating Your First Tour: Find the idea
8. Creating Your First Tour: Create the route
9. Creating Your First Tour: Setting a price
10. How to Freelance
11. Working for a Tour Agency: Including essential CV advice
12. Marketing Plans
13. Offline Marketing
14. Online Marketing
15. Lead and Control Large Groups
16. Guiding Away from Home
17. Dealing With Problems
18. Advanced Advice
19. Self-Improvement techniques
20. Well What Are You Waiting For?
21. Bonus Content - 3 x Tip Spiels
22. Bonus Content - Bus Spiel
23. Bonus Content - Specialty Spiel
24. Bonus Content - Socio-economic Spiel
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By espanolish on 03-13-17
Simple, Relevant, Practical
Nick Manning’s approach to being a tour guide is sensible and applicable. I am certain his instructions and suggestions would sharpen the skills of the most seasoned tour guide. The guidance is sound and easy to comprehend. I am now much more aware of the immense responsibility of and have increased respect for tour guides. Best of all, he makes being a tour guide sound like a really fun way to immerse in any community whether at home or elsewhere.
I chose this audio book because I am strongly considering being a tour guide as a part of my upcoming world tour experience. I love history and enjoy moving around the United States and abroad. HTBATG is so complete and thorough, I do not feel a need to search for other instructions (other than those provided by any respective employer).
Using Manning’s techniques, I plan to practice being a tour guide in my current locale—and then spread my wings and fly with it!
Manning’s narration is fluid and natural. He is articulate, and also personable, leaving the listener with the feeling of having partaken in an engaging conversation.
This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review. Thank you Audiobook Boom.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
By Lindsay Whitlock on 03-25-17
A Must Read for the Aspiring Travel Guide
Excellent book. I would highly recommend this to any aspiring travel guide or current industry professional. there was so much good information in here from how to get started in the industry to things to think about when starting your own buisness. the book included stories from travel guides to relate to different subject matter and gave a realistic outlook on this position. Would be a great tool for anyone considering whether or not to join this profession.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful