Beyond Powerful Radio is a complete guide to becoming a powerful communicator for radio, Internet, TV, public speaking - for anyone who wants to learn to communicate powerfully. It's a cookbook for communicators and broadcasters to improve. It's practical; it's easy. You'll find techniques to create content, produce and host a show, grow an audience, news gathering, coverage of investigative and breaking stories, and writing and delivering commercial copy. Plus how to make money with your show, sales and marketing, and build programming for news, talk, producers, citizen journalism, copywriting, sales, commercials, promotions, production, research, fundraising, and more.
Plus: tips to assemble a winning team; develop, build, and market your brand; get your next job in broadcasting, effectively promote your product; increase sales; write and produce commercials; raise money with your station; deal with creative burnout and manage high ego talent; and research and grow your audience.
Never be boring! Get, keep, and grow audiences through powerful personality, storytelling, and focus across any format. Tried-and-true broadcast techniques apply to the myriad forms of audio broadcast available today, including Web radio and podcasting. While the technology and delivery systems change, the one constant is content! Listeners, viewers, and surfers want to be entertained, informed, inspired, persuaded, and connected with powerful personalities and storytellers.
We've sent an email with your order details. Order ID #:
To access this title, visit your library in the app or on the desktop website.
How to Find What You Need in This Book
If you want to communicate more powerfully, and get, keep and grow your audience across all platforms - read this!
BEYOND POWERFUL RADIO chapters show up in audible only as numbers, so if you’re looking for something specific,you may find the following navigational map with the correlating chapters useful - so you can more easily find what you need to become a more powerful communicator and fully use this book:
1 – Book Opening By Valerie Geller
2 Foreword by Tom Taylor, read by Barbara Blake
3 Powerful Communicator-Quick Start Pages
TOOLS Creating Content Across Any Platform
4. Creating Powerful Content – No Longer “Just Radio”
5. Are you a Generator or a Reactor?
6. Personality Radio, Morning Shows
7. From Rock to Talk (and anyone who wants to do a talk show!)
8. Local vs. National Programming
9. Performance & Formatics: Now that You’re On the Air…
10. Finding & Developing Talent
12. Managing High Ego Talent
13. Avoiding Burnout
14. Show Prep
15. Producers – Facing the Blank Page
16. Talk Shows
17. Call Screening
18. Interview Techniques - for Journalists, Talk show Hosts & Music Personalities
19. Public Service
20. Becoming a Powerful Storyteller
21. Your Voice – Improving Your Instrument
22. Creating Powerful News
23. In Case of Emergency – What to do
24. Citizen Journalism
25. Traffic & Weather Together
27. News Anchoring
28. Multi-version News
29. Integrating News & Talk
30.. Integrating TV, Radio & the Web
IV. Working Across Multi-Platforms
31. Audio Communication Across Multiple Delivery Platforms:
– Broadcasting, Streaming, Video, Social Media, Podcasting, and Beyond...
V. Marketing Content
33. Branding – Building Your Brand Beyond Radio
VI. Making Money
34. Sales and Commercials
35. Fundraising and Giving
VII. Understanding the Audience
36. LifeStage Demographics
VIII. Final Notes
38. Final Notes
39. Thank you and Acknowledgements
40. About the Author – Valerie Geller
41. End. Copyrights.
- Valerie Geller "www.creatingpowerfulradio.com"
Some great insights I'll be taking to my Podcasting.