Regular price: $24.47
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $24.47
Here's what I liked about the book:
- Written by Howard Schultz (CEO) which gives a really cool inside perspective
- Gives a really cool inside look into a well known consumer brand
- Gives a lot of insight into HS's leadership style and some of his leadership habits
- A lot of choices they made with the brand were very fascinating (closing stores, getting back to the core competency, investing in training and development, etc).
Here's what I didn't like
- I don't think it was 100% genuine. I thought it was kind of a sales job, in that CEO sales job kind of way. I'd say it seemed 75% genuine.
- Telling the results of a turnaround story before time has run it's course is ridiculous, as is the general timing of the "turnaround." Hello, we were in a major rebound after a recession.
- HS comes across as annoying - sounds to me like he believes a lot of his on BS.
- I found the book to be a couple of hours too long.
15 of 16 people found this review helpful
Howard is a bit narcissistic in his portrayal of Starbucks 2.0, but he it an excellent story teller, incredibly articulate, and I learned a lot from reading Onward. Actually, I listened to it on 2x or 3x speed, which was just perfect for the treadmill. Enjoy.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful