If I Live to Be 100
- Lessons from the Centenarians
- Narrated by: Neenah Ellis
- Length: 6 hrs and 5 mins
- Abridged Audiobook
- Release date: 12-04-12
- Language: English
- Publisher: HighBridge, a division of Recorded Books
Regular price: $20.97
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $20.97
Neenah Ellis set out to meet these people and to hear what insights, memories, wisdom, and just plain common sense tips they have to offer. What she's found will surprise you. The original radio profiles are creatively incorporated into Ellis's reading of her book, and the result is a moving and inspiring audio experience.
Customer ReviewsMost Helpful
By Bob on 01-10-18
Not enough relevant outlook questions
1. Did not ask Diet information or sleep habits.
2. Did not ask religious upbringing questions from all participants and if they still practice their faith.
3. Did not ask if they would be cremated or wanted a burial.
4. Did not ask if they exercised throughout their life.
By Sandra I. Ortiz on 12-26-14
The title is a little misleading
Is there anything you would change about this book?
I would change the author's whining about how she was conducting her interviews. It's a good book if you want to hear about a person's life's history. If I was the author, I would change the title, I would have also prepared better for the interviews, and I would have questioned my subjects more in detail regarding their eating habits, exercise and daily routines. It's not a book about how they got to be 100 years old. I find the author falling short on this one. No secrets revealed, nothing but history of their contributions to life. Which in a sense can be the main factor of longevity. Giving to others brings forth happiness, which in return can enhance a person's life.