Regular price: $14.95
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $14.95
What could have made this a 4 or 5-star listening experience for you?
1. Editing of the text to eliminate wordiness, elimination of endless adverbs, trite, repetitive phrases
2. Reasonable effort on the part of the narrator to learn pronunciation of common French words & names. Most grating:
Petain (she pronounced like PehTON instead of PehTahn)
Milice (she pronounced like Millis instead of Milees)
3. This book was written on the basis of the memories of an adolescent. It's perhaps a book for young adults but too simplistic for adults. She's no Anne Frank
What do you think your next listen will be?
Another book on European history
What didn’t you like about Kristin Price’s performance?
1. Mispronunciation of French words/names (she could have checked the correct pronunciation easily)
2. Hearing her draw her breath before phrases (I had to set the speed at 1.25x to drown it out.
You didn’t love this book... but did it have any redeeming qualities?
Not for me, a waste of $
Any additional comments?
This needs to be classified as young adults book
0 of 1 people found this review helpful