Audible Plan Terms
Last updated: Thursday, September 6, 2012.
Audible offers various membership plans ("Audible Plans") for using and paying for the Audible Service. Audible Plans are subject to the terms below and those disclosed through the Audible Service. Membership in an Audible Plan is nontransferable.
- AudibleListener Membership Plans. AudibleListener Membership Plans are automatically renewable on a monthly or yearly basis, depending on the plan, until terminated by you or us in accordance with these Audible Plan Terms. Audible will charge your authorized payment instrument the applicable membership fee on your renewal date.
- Gold and Platinum Membership Plans. The Gold and Platinum Membership Plans are generally the same, however, the number of Credits that Platinum Members receive is greater. The Gold and Platinum Plans are subject to the following terms:
- Annual or Monthly. Each of these membership plans is available either on a monthly or annual basis. Audible will charge a member's authorized payment instrument the applicable monthly or yearly fee for such membership plan on the member's monthly or yearly renewal date, depending on which plan the member selects. Annual members will receive the entire year's credits at the start of their membership and upon any renewal. Monthly members will receive the applicable amount of credits each month.
- Rollover. Gold and Platinum Members are allowed to rollover a certain number of unused Credits ("AudibleListener Rollover").
- Monthly Memberships. The number of permissible AudibleListener Rollover Credits will be specified at the time the member starts their plan. If in any given month a monthly member has more than the permitted number of AudibleListener Rollover Credits, the additional unused credits will automatically expire.
- Annual Memberships. Gold annual members may rollover up to 6 unused Credits to the next year of membership and Platinum annual members may rollover up to 12 unused Credits to the next year of membership.
- Discounted A La Carte Content. Members with an active Gold or Platinum Membership Plan may purchase content on an A La Carte basis below the non-membership regular price.
- Subscriptions. All members receive one complimentary Subscription to Audible Content to be determined by Audible.
- AudibleListener Light Plan. The AudibleListener Light Plan is available only on an annual basis and only to Gold and Platinum Members who want to downgrade their plan type. AudibleListener Light Plan members do not receive membership credits but a Gold or Platinum Member converting to the AudibleListener Light Plan may have AudibleListener Rollover Credits that they can rollover when they downgrade. Audible will charge members who downgrade to the AudibleListener Light Plan the yearly plan fee each year on the yearly renewal date.
- Basic Membership Plan. The Basic Membership Plan is available only to existing Basic Members. The Basic Membership is no longer available to new or Gold and Platinum AudibleListener Members. Any changes to the Basic Membership Plan will be communicated to existing Basic Members by Audible.
- Committed Membership Plans. Certain members may receive a gift for joining (such as a discount on the purchase of a device) in exchange for their commitment to remain a member for the period of time specified at the time of enrollment. Members who sign up to a committed membership plan and receive the gift benefit will not be able to cancel the plan prior to the expiration of the initial term of the plan.
- Trial Offers. Audible may, in its sole discretion, make available free or paid trial offers for a monthly or annual Gold or Platinum Membership Plan, the terms of which will be more fully explained on the Audible Service (a "Trial Offer"). Upon expiration of the trial, you will automatically be joined into the related Gold or Platinum Membership Plan and Audible will charge your authorized payment instrument the relevant monthly fee or annual fee, as applicable. YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF THE TRIAL OFFER TO AVOID CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. Trial Offers are limited to one per household.
- Credits. Audible Plan members receive credits that may be used to purchase Audible Content on the Audible Service ("Credits"). Credits may only be used to purchase Audible Content. If you purchase Audible Content in excess of the number of available Credits under your Audible Plan, your authorized payment instrument will be billed the discounted price for the applicable Audible Content available to Audible Plan members. Credits include Membership Credits, Rollover Credits, and Complimentary Credits, as described below. Credits are nontransferable. Credits that do not rollover, expire in accordance with their terms.
- Membership Credits. Membership credits are Credits that Gold and Platinum Members receive on a monthly or annual basis.
- AudibleListener Rollover Credits. All Gold and Platinum Members are permitted a certain number of AudibleListener Rollover Credits, as described above.
- Complimentary Credits. Complimentary Credits are Credits that Audible gives Audible Plan members and non-members through goodwill, member anniversaries, no-risk listen opportunities, or in other situations, in each case, as determined by Audible in its sole discretion. Complimentary Credits are credited to a member's Audible Account. Complimentary Credits expire in accordance with their terms. You must have an Audible Account in order to receive Complimentary Credits.
- Audible Plan Prices. Prices of Audible Plans are subject to change at any time. Prices of committed membership plans are not subject to change during the initial commitment period.
- Upgrading or Downgrading a Plan. You may upgrade your Audible Plan on the Audible Service. You may also, subject to any minimum term commitment that may apply, downgrade your Audible Plan online or by contacting Audible customer service. Such Audible Account changes will be effective as of the date of your request and your membership will become subject to the new plan you selected. Audible Plans may be upgraded or downgraded as follows:
- Gold and Platinum Membership Plans.
- Upgrades. Gold Members can upgrade to a Platinum Membership Plan. Any available Credits, including any AudibleListener Rollover Credits, that a Gold Member has accumulated will be transferred to the new upgraded plan in accordance with the rules for the new membership plan. Upon any upgrade, Audible will charge your authorized payment instrument the pro-rated additional fee for the Platinum Membership Plan. Platinum Members cannot upgrade to another Audible Plan.
- Downgrades. Gold and Platinum Members can downgrade to the AudibleListener Light Plan and Platinum Members can downgrade to a Gold Membership Plan or AudibleListener Light Plan. Any available Credits, including any AudibleListener Rollover Credits, will be transferred to the new downgraded membership plan, in accordance with the rules for such new membership plan. Any complimentary Subscription that you receive as part your Gold or Platinum Membership Plan will expire upon any downgrade to the AudibleListener Light Plan.
- Committed Membership Plans. If you joined a Committed Membership Plan, you may only upgrade or downgrade to another Audible Plan once the term for your current Committed Membership Plan expires. After the expiration of the Commitment Period, members will automatically become a regular Gold Member or Platinum Member, depending on the plan they chose, and may upgrade or downgrade their plan, as set forth in these Audible Plan Terms.
- AudibleListener Light Plan. Gold and Platinum Members who have downgraded to the AudibleListener Light Plan can upgrade again to either a Gold Membership Plan or a Platinum Membership Plan at any time. Any available Credits will be transferred to the new membership plan and may become AudibleListener Rollover Credits, subject to the rules for the new membership plan. AudibleListener Light Plan Members cannot downgrade to another Audible Plan.
- Cancellation of Audible Plans. Except for members belonging to committed membership plans, you may cancel your Audible Plan online or by contacting Audible customer service. Upon cancellation of any membership, all available Credits, other than Gift Credits or Complimentary Credits, will expire, and all complimentary Subscriptions will expire. Members will not receive a full or partial refund of any monthly or annual fee already paid.